Modified Forte 1 Upgrades-Bob Crites Autotransformers and Titanium Tweeters

I don't think Klipsch minds the upgrade so much (they DO supply an upgrade kit to make your Heresy IIs into Heresy IIIs) and I remember having to blaze my own trail a bit when upgrading my burnt out Klipschorns into AK-4 modern Klipschorns...I just bet they didn't anticipate the number of people wanting to do these upgrades and possibly don't have enough parts to keep regular customers supplied with parts in addition to those of us who like to tinker (as PWK liked to...)...good luck with your upgrade...look forward to the report someday...
Bill

Looks like my re-capped originals will be off to eBay :yes:

Good Luck mutfish I think you'll find it will be a brave new world of sound that your Fortes deliver, and deliver as they never did before. :thmbsp:

New Ti mids from Klipsch arrived. Dan knows how tricky this was and I hope another few DIYers can squeeze an order through them. It sounds like they really dislike supplying individual parts to DIYers and would rather see us buying new speakers.

These drivers won't go in right away, as I plan on doing a bunch more upgrades all at once to finish everything. Those will include:

Building up the 3-way external XO, including jumpers for bi and tri-amping.
New internal wiring.
Rope caulk around the horns themselves.
Beefing up the base of the speaker and spiking them.

The XO will connect to the speaker via 6 conductor speakon connections.

And that I do know how tricky it is!

Anyone seriously willing to layout the $160 for the Titanium Mids would be best to contact someone you know that already has them so we can give you some pointers as to how to acquire the Titaniums without shaking up the Klipsch parts dept. employee's. otherwise there is a risk one might not be able to get them. As I have heard of a coup[le of people that weren't able to.

Some Thoughts on Passive Bi or Triamping

I would say that while SS amplifiers wouldn't care much about the loading some tube amplifiers might really balk at the loading of trying to drive either the stock network or the ALK in Biamp or Triamp mode and I don't think ALK recommends it with these if I recollect right. The impedance would not be constant in the ALK from my understanding, the stock Forte and Forte II are all over the place to begin with in fact I'm amazed that some PP tube amps aren't bothered by it when I really think about it but then again all the drivers are present and maybe having most of the range of some impedance is enough.

A SET amp might be able to get away with it because they are somewhat more stable. But some PP tube amps could go unstable. Because at some frequencie it would be like having no load at all. and that spells trouble, internal arching of the transformers and the possibility of output tubes arching internally as well. How could that happen, well imagine an infinite load for a typical EL34 and then an infinite one the infinite one would would max the gain of the EL34 thats 165 say there is 30 volts at its grid. Well some simple math says 30 X 165 and you get 4950 VAC out most PP transformers don't have a high pot rating that high so it means flash over! or arc over and you have a transformer with its insulated windings damaged. You might not know it right away but you will know it sooner than the transformers expected life expectancy. I run a Hi Pot at work and I can tell it doesn't take much to compromise insulation.

In the end, If I were Triamping I'd do it like Arthur Loesch, internal crossovers in the amps! with no additional gain stages that outboard electronic crossovers have, now thats trick! I saw this done in the Sound Practices Magazine.

I don't think Klipsch minds the upgrade so much (they DO supply an upgrade kit to make your Heresy IIs into Heresy IIIs) and I remember having to blaze my own trail a bit when upgrading my burnt out Klipschorns into AK-4 modern Klipschorns...I just bet they didn't anticipate the number of people wanting to do these upgrades and possibly don't have enough parts to keep regular customers supplied with parts in addition to those of us who like to tinker (as PWK liked to...)...good luck with your upgrade...look forward to the report someday...
Bill

Gosh Bill, I could really get into this one, I have to tell you how at my company its preached day in and day out the customer is first. And I'm the customer here.

First off I think there is only a hand full of people that have tried or have the Titanium mids. It was kind of stumbled into by one of the Klipsch Forum members. And thank god cause the Titanium mid is absolutely stunning from my perspective. You would think if there was a demand for it they would provide it and provide it at a worth while profit to them. If I had to, knowing what I do about the Titaniums sound and capabilities I would be willing pay more than double what I paid for them they are that good especially with what I'm coupling them with, they are nothing short of phenomenal.

But if they won't sell them, I already know of people that have said they will purchase used speakers just for the mids and put in Phenolic if they have to! and resell them. I wonder if Klipsch would like that, let alone through the yrs the product may change hands and one opens them up and discovers oh! I thought these were suppose to be Titanium's! I can tell you its going to happen that way if people don't have a supplier.

If they don't have enough parts then they should get them and ask a price they need IMO.

Otherwise as I said people will go around them.

If you heard these Titanium's Bill I'd bet you'd be craving them as much as the few of us that are enjoying them.

And Bill your not that far from me so you could hear them yourself and hear what all the fuss is about or should I say bliss!

SET12

Last edited:
I appreciate that...and I totally agree with you...when everyone seems to be looking at new areas to mine...to get new customers...and I have run into this before with other companies...why not sell the items...it does not hurt sales to your company because those customers are not going to buy new anyway...as for Forte' II, Quartet or Chorus II...you don't even make those so why not???...I think often times I see (or hear) people working for a company just "reading off the card" so to speak and not really realizing...hey...this might sell some components for us...THEN we put in an order for more of the components from out suppliers...THEN they put on an extra shift or not lay off their workers because they can make more of the components for the retailer...THEN...of course, I'm not a business man so I don't know what I'm talking about...;)

...but this is what I meant to get at before...I wonder if Klipsch is aware...really aware of the meat they are leaving on the table by not selling or at least making it easier to get these parts...because I'm close to already there on trying the Titanium mids...

SET12...thanks I may have to get together with you on this some day...:thmbsp:

Bill

Wish Crites were allowed to duplicate them, he has much love for the Heresy III's that have them by default, or do one better with Beryllium hehe ;p

I appreciate that...and I totally agree with you...when everyone seems to be looking at new areas to mine...to get new customers...and I have run into this before with other companies...why not sell the items...it does not hurt sales to your company because those customers are not going to buy new anyway...as for Forte' II, Quartet or Chorus II...you don't even make those so why not???...I think often times I see (or hear) people working for a company just "reading off the card" so to speak and not really realizing...hey...this might sell some components for us...THEN we put in an order for more of the components from out suppliers...THEN they put on an extra shift or not lay off their workers because they can make more of the components for the retailer...THEN...of course, I'm not a business man so I don't know what I'm talking about...;)

...but this is what I meant to get at before...I wonder if Klipsch is aware...really aware of the meat they are leaving on the table by not selling or at least making it easier to get these parts...because I'm close to already there on trying the Titanium mids...

SET12...thanks I may have to get together with you on this some day...:thmbsp:

Bill

Thanks Bill, For the clarification

Wasn't sure how to take your post but yes I agree 100% and yes as I like to say nobody's been disappointed coming here even with 8hr drives, and recently jdg123 did his second drive here and heard the new Titaniums and C-Core Autoformers and said the system sounded even better the second time here declaring "I have yet to hear a system with more grip" Imagine that with a damping factor of just 2!

Wish Crites were allowed to duplicate them, he has much love for the Heresy III's that have them by default, or do one better with Beryllium hehe ;p

Yeah, I'd be first in line! Go Bob! Go,Go,Go..........:thmbsp:

SET12

Not like I haven't been trying. I have a fairly large stack of those titanium midrange diaphragms lying around here that I have rejected.

Bob Crites

Bob, If you ever get up to Wisconsin you'll have to give SET12 a call and see what he has. I'd be driving over for that also!

"Imagine that with a damping factor of just 2!"
Yes..however that is the stock rating of your amp..you have modded the power supply..stands to reason that you have increased your damping factor. Indeed, the damping factor of 2, is now imagined. It would be nice to know what the actual damping factor is NOW. Results are a bit skewed until this is known, don't you think?

Titanium Midrange Diaphragm's

Not like I haven't been trying. I have a fairly large stack of those titanium midrange diaphragms lying around here that I have rejected.

Bob Crites

I wonder what the klipsch are doing for you that the rejected are not?

Nice to hear from you Bob :yes:

BTW, Thanks so much for your work with Klipsch!

SET12

we know...we're keeping our fingers crossed...c'mon now...SET12 is wearing me down...:D
Bill

Believe me Bill, I'd like nothing more than to entertain you! And entertain I would.

Bob, If you ever get up to Wisconsin you'll have to give SET12 a call and see what he has. I'd be driving over for that also!
I could handle that.

"Imagine that with a damping factor of just 2!"
Yes..however that is the stock rating of your amp..you have modded the power supply..stands to reason that you have increased your damping factor. Indeed, the damping factor of 2, is now imagined. It would be nice to know what the actual damping factor is NOW. Results are a bit skewed until this is known, don't you think?

As to the damping factor, damping factor in a tube amp is nothing more the output tubes plate impedance divided into the output transformers primary. In a PP amp feedback is needed to lower the output impedance typically hence higher damping factors

In this case with no feedback my outputs primary is 5K ohms/2.5k of plate resistance = 2 its always been this. What really makes the amp dynamic is all of its tricks.

Actually hotroady, the amplifier was never really manufactured by any manufacture, originally the design was featured in Glass Audio Magaize. I built the improved 811-10 version. But I didn't replicate it exactly. I put some of my own ideas into it. Today the only part of it that is true to the original are the driver tube and the output tube, thats it!

Through the last decade they have been highly refined.

Some its refinements are the following, LED biasing the driver stage, CS4 Current Sources for the driver, Anode Plate Chokes for the Cathode follower drive, Grid Chokes, 1800ufs of electrolytic bulk capacitance, diode isolation of the capacitance from the amplifiers small Aeon Polypropylene final supply caps. This gives the amp foundation with great speed and great transparency. A unique filament to ground connections using diodes which I discovered it enhanced the output tubes dynamics, a fast .3H 3.5 ohm DCR choke and soon to be added another .3H choke for a unique diode isolate finale (choke- Polypropelene cap) I have been consulting with an EE at work. My supply parallels Jeff Medwins work who's work is very highly controversial The combination is expected to enhance dynamics (even stronger than Jeff's work) further not that it needs to be further enhanced as the amp easily holds its own with many SS amps and of course lets not forget the 28lb 75 watt rated output transformers which are literally like the rock of Gibraltar for foundation.

Of course the whole system working together is what makes it all happen. Its a simple system but all the pieces are heavily modified including the 40lb Sony CDP I use which has been modified to use discrete Op Amps with the Sony's supply increased by 10x to 150,000uf with the finale 25,000ufs being various sizes of Muse Electrolytic.

And lastly we all know that the Fortes networks are monstrous with the very large North Creek Inductors which really contribute a lot of low end grunt and breath into the Fortes, but as good as my amplifiers are IMO there is no real solidity of control with stock Fortes, its as though half of the bass is missing as is its grip, so IMO Inductors play a bigger part in control then one is led to believe. its an experience to hear as DaveC can a test to above.

I often get asked what is responsible for my systems response? And I say its the whole system! Its all strong, if there was a weak link we'd hear it. Start substituting things and you hear them, amp, speaker ,CDP, crossover parts and so on in fact any substitution has been heard in this system. I have worked hard at voicing it. And lately its just off my charts with the Titanium.

Thats why I say Go Bob go, go,go.......:thmbsp:

SET12

I wonder what the klipsch are doing for you that the rejected are not?

Nice to hear from you Bob :yes:

BTW, Thanks so much for your work with Klipsch!

SET12

Believe it or not, I am not overly impressed with the Klipsch titanium midrange diaphragm either. I think that diaphragm can be better. But, the Klipsch version is better than any of the samples I have had made so far. None of those even made it past the test equipment to get to the listening test.

Bob

Believe it or not, I am not overly impressed with the Klipsch titanium midrange diaphragm either. I think that diaphragm can be better. But, the Klipsch version is better than any of the samples I have had made so far. None of those even made it past the test equipment to get to the listening test.

Bob

Hey Bob, would you be violating some design IP, by buying a K53 Ti and taking it to your independent manufacturer and saying, "Hey could you copy this?" and just start from there, starting selling to pay for further RD into making a better one, or is that something you tried from the get go ? In any case i'm guessing you've invested what you could and moved on with perhaps the better selenium Ti's? But then again there is still quite a few Forte's on Craigslist that are potential customers ;)

Last edited:
The Sound of Titanium Mids

If Bob does find one or develops one, I know I'd sure be in line to get one!

But for now, I have nothing to complain about. I'm on vacation for the next week and a half.

But I want to go back and audition the Crites Autotransformers with the Titanium's vs the C-Core Autotransformers more closely, cause I think the presentation maybe subjectively very different now with the Crites Autotransformers because of the hrs on the Titaniums

The sound initially to me with the Crites autotransformers wasn't real favorable to me. It was somewhat bright.

I noticed the piano's lower registers weren't as fully developed as Bob's Phenolic nor as dynamic.

But thats not the case now! IMO the Klipsch Titanium's have more body, greater dynamic impact, with greater dynamic range.

Here's my comment to one of my friends who stopped in for a listen.

"Don, I'd swear those mids of mine have loosened up even more since you heard them because when I listen to Patrica Barbers "Night Club" I'd swear those piano keys are coming down harder then when I first heard them freshly installed. I mean the lower registers of the piano seemed less dynamic then the upper registers at first and now everything is pretty even across the board, when those piano keys are hit there is a solidly and body that I have never heard in this system with this recording, I have owned the recording for a long time and you'd think I would know it well. That piano Don is so well reproduced IMO it sounds like it is there for real. God it doesn't get much better than that!"

I have to tell you people I'm not real big on piano but the recording above made a real impression on me!

John Chi-town over on the Klipsch Forum noticed some of the same characteristics as I did.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/130760.aspx?PageIndex=9

Here are a couple of quotes from him and I.

"It is amazing how much power they will take from my Adcom 5802 @ 300 WPC, continuous!"

"So, you to noticed how the Titanium handles power with grace and ease as well. I had to go back and purposely induce clipping because I could hardly believe my ears, Its amazing just how far I can push my 10 watt amps with the burst power they have and the Titanium's staying intact, and even if I hear clipping the recovery of the Titanium from the amps clipping is absolutely amazing."

"Yes, the power these forte II's can now handle is nothing short of amazing. Especially in the midrange, which always is or appears to be the "weakest link" in speaker design. Perhaps that is because 60% or so of "music" is in the mid frequency range."

IMO the Titanium mids have a lot of subjective performance and if Bob can get us even more, then we are all in for an even greater treat :yes:

SET12

Last edited:
I don't think the K53 is comparable to the Selenium D220ti.

The K53 is crossed lower and is a larger compression driver. (1 1/2" I believe?)

I think the D220ti could be used to replace the tweeter horn, the K77-9 (whatever), although I'm not certain I would prefer it to the original K79 (in my case) with the Crites diaphragm.

Wonder how performance of the Selenium comperes to the Crites tweeter and the Crites Diaphragm?

To me both the diaphragm upgrade and the Selenium 220ti is a bit harsh given the titanium - but I never used pricey caps or other components either.

Last night I was enjoying some tunes on my setup... and had hooked my little cheap upgraded DAC up to my Optima gell cell. I was pretty blown away at what I thought to be the improvement.

Then I looked to my left and realized I had drink a few shots of crown, 3 stouts and smoked a handful of joints...so.....was there really a difference, or was I just in the mood? :)

subjective evaluations are truly difficult, although I generally tend to go with my first impression.

I don't think the K53 is comparable to the Selenium D220ti.

The K53 is crossed lower and is a larger compression driver. (1 1/2" I believe?)

I think the D220ti could be used to replace the tweeter horn, the K77-9 (whatever), although I'm not certain I would prefer it to the original K79 (in my case) with the Crites diaphragm.

Wonder how performance of the Selenium comperes to the Crites tweeter and the Crites Diaphragm?

To me both the diaphragm upgrade and the Selenium 220ti is a bit harsh given the titanium - but I never used pricey caps or other components either.

Last night I was enjoying some tunes on my setup... and had hooked my little cheap upgraded DAC up to my Optima gell cell. I was pretty blown away at what I thought to be the improvement.

Then I looked to my left and realized I had drink a few shots of crown, 3 stouts and smoked a handful of joints...so.....was there really a difference, or was I just in the mood? :)

subjective evaluations are truly difficult, although I generally tend to go with my first impression.

What can I say rage? I do use world class caps, some of which are considered by some to be out of this world at their cost $150 each. But I reserve those for my mids. The Crites Mids are very,very good and are a step above the Klipsch Phenolic without a doubt I highly recommend them.

But the klipsch Titanium mids are a whole different ball game they are or would be very hard to beat IMO.

As to my high end or tweeters I use the very, very good Mundorfs. But the real key IMO is using what I feel is the world class Crites Titanium diaphragms in combination with the North Creek 8AWG Inductors.

Those would be very,very difficult to exceed their sweetness, body and ability to reproduce ambient room ques as to the sense of recorded space. Which BTW is absolutely enormous which sitting 10 feet away from the speakers can appear to be more than 30ft wide which is well past my living room side walls of 18ft apart not to mention the sense of depth. But don't take my opinion of this. For me, my local NEWAS club members (some which were very prejudice of horns in general) told me that the Crites Titanium Tweeters in combination with the associated components I'm using is some of the smoothest detailed top end they have ever heard from a horn. Some of these people have 25yrs+ of high end listening experience.

In essence I am told by visitors that the Forte Klipsch Horns don't sound anything like the horns they have experienced on any level.

I like to think of these Fortes as a little horse like in the movie Seabiscuit. As the owner of the horse said in a press conference, Seabiscuit doesn't think he's little. He thinks he's the biggest horse out there.

In the end you'll be the judge of this. But I think you'll be hard pressed to deny the combination of Titanium's (Mid and tweeter) and associated components not to be in the winners circle just as Seabiscuit was in real life.

I look forward to your listening impressions.

SET12

Last edited:
I look forward to hearing your system!

I thought the Crites tweeter upgrade on my K250s blew away the stockers. I'm looking forward to getting the mid-range diaphragms in them too.

As to the damping factor, damping factor in a tube amp is nothing more the output tubes plate impedance divided into the output transformers primary. In a PP amp feedback is needed to lower the output impedance typically hence higher damping factors

In this case with no feedback my outputs primary is 5K ohms/2.5k of plate resistance = 2 its always been this. What really makes the amp dynamic is all of its tricks.

Actually hotroady, the amplifier was never really manufactured by any manufacture, originally the design was featured in Glass Audio Magaize. I built the improved 811-10 version. But I didn't replicate it exactly. I put some of my own ideas into it. Today the only part of it that is true to the original are the driver tube and the output tube, thats it!

Through the last decade they have been highly refined.

Some its refinements are the following, LED biasing the driver stage, CS4 Current Sources for the driver, Anode Plate Chokes for the Cathode follower drive, Grid Chokes, 1800ufs of electrolytic bulk capacitance, diode isolation of the capacitance from the amplifiers small Aeon Polypropylene final supply caps. This gives the amp foundation with great speed and great transparency. A unique filament to ground connections using diodes which I discovered it enhanced the output tubes dynamics, a fast .3H 3.5 ohm DCR choke and soon to be added another .3H choke for a unique diode isolate finale (choke- Polypropelene cap) I have been consulting with an EE at work. My supply parallels Jeff Medwins work who's work is very highly controversial The combination is expected to enhance dynamics (even stronger than Jeff's work) further not that it needs to be further enhanced as the amp easily holds its own with many SS amps and of course lets not forget the 28lb 75 watt rated output transformers which are literally like the rock of Gibraltar for foundation.

Of course the whole system working together is what makes it all happen. Its a simple system but all the pieces are heavily modified including the 40lb Sony CDP I use which has been modified to use discrete Op Amps with the Sony's supply increased by 10x to 150,000uf with the finale 25,000ufs being various sizes of Muse Electrolytic.

And lastly we all know that the Fortes networks are monstrous with the very large North Creek Inductors which really contribute a lot of low end grunt and breath into the Fortes, but as good as my amplifiers are IMO there is no real solidity of control with stock Fortes, its as though half of the bass is missing as is its grip, so IMO Inductors play a bigger part in control then one is led to believe. its an experience to hear as DaveC can a test to above.

I often get asked what is responsible for my systems response? And I say its the whole system! Its all strong, if there was a weak link we'd hear it. Start substituting things and you hear them, amp, speaker ,CDP, crossover parts and so on in fact any substitution has been heard in this system. I have worked hard at voicing it. And lately its just off my charts with the Titanium.

Thats why I say Go Bob go, go,go.......:thmbsp:

SET12

I respectfully disagree. First off: Your 2 to 1 is a calculated measurement, measured will be different, and SET amps are never used without a load..that is if you want them to remain operating. 2nd: if you lower resistance at the networks with lower heavier ga inductors, you have increased the DF. Although it may not be called DF...improving the power supply has everything thing to do with controlling the bass. Your large 28 pound transformers are geared to better bass control, however; the caveat is that it will limit HF response. Large tranformers are large inductors coils. LF likes low resistance/high inductance coils, HF favors low capacitance/ low inductance. Heavier Ga wire works best at LF, and low crossover point. Much easier to accomplish with a 3 way than 2 way.

I respectfully disagree. First off: Your 2 to 1 is a calculated measurement, measured will be different, and SET amps are never used without a load..that is if you want them to remain operating. 2nd: if you lower resistance at the networks with lower heavier ga inductors, you have increased the DF. Although it may not be called DF...improving the power supply has everything thing to do with controlling the bass. Your large 28 pound transformers are geared to better bass control, however; the caveat is that it will limit HF response. Large tranformers are large inductors coils. LF likes low resistance/high inductance coils, HF favors low capacitance/ low inductance. Heavier Ga wire works best at LF, and low crossover point. Much easier to accomplish with a 3 way than 2 way.

Not a problem,

My output irons primary impedance was measured by myself. I did come up with a 5K primary.

The specs for the 811-10 are published secs which are 2.5K of plate resistance. But I'm not concern if its more or less. A little irrelevant based on its sound.

So 2 to 1 is a pretty common for a SET amp, my 572-10 does a little better at 2.5 to 1 with it 2k of plate resistance

Inductance is inductance and the ACR of it is specific for a given value in henries both the stock and my 8AWG are 3mh. The DCR is another story though, even though mine are 8AWG there is a lot more wire in an air core vs an iron core for the same value of inductance and chances are the stock Klipsch iron cores are probaly pretty close in the DCR of my air cores because of there size.

Yes I can see your point about an increased damping factor with music going, its kind of frequency dependent and dependent on the loads impedance reflected back to the primary of the output transformer, the stock networks no where near a constant impeadance and nor are my modified. But an ALK network would be!

As to amplifier stability without a load there are some PP amps designed with what is called a tweeter protector, its meant to keep the amp stable under no load, such an amp designed with one is the famous Heath Kit W5M, the problem is with PP amps there is so much gain, and gain used as feedback that the PP amp gets huge gain with no load on its secondaries, then all that gain is turned into feedback causing the amp to possibly arc over the outputs insulation internally or even arc over the output tubes screens.

In a SET amp the issue is almost mute because there is no global feedback. I think the real issue though is when music is playing for both PP or SET amps, still I don't run my amps with no loads.

In general I would agree with you that large outputs are more likely not to sound as good as smaller ones, but thats not written in stone. transformers are wound in many different ways, even using various gauge wire even helping to preserve HF response.

Recently jdg123 was here with his 5K primary James iron that was beautifully made. The 28lb Hammonds dwarfed the James, the James sounded very good with as large of a stage as my Hammonds, the bass was good from the James as well. But I think the interesting thing was how I couln't tell the two apart subjectively tonally (Harmonics) in the mids. though the foundation of the Hammonds all the way up to the lower mids was very captivating.

The Hammonds were so impressive to jdg123 that he is planning to own a pair of the Hammond 1642SE's when he can afford to to use with his 45 amp project, sounds crazy I know but then again so is the sound.

It was a month ago I wrote my last post post on the thread here and I have learned a lot about what I call cutting edge power supply design, parts arrived this past weekend and I hope to have them in soon. I will be posting more on my supply concepts that I use in my thread "power supplies, a Different Approach" when I am able to install my parts. My supplies are not classical designs, but are faster, and more transparent as well as having dynamic impact. As jdg123 would describe the sound "sheer grip"

As to power supply sound, yes a power supply has everything to do with good bass control, but unfortunately it doesn't replace a speakers inductors.

How do I know this? I have a stock pair of Fortes here.

The difference isn't anything subtle, just ask DaveC his level of satisfaction when he modified his RF25's with 10AWG North Creek inductors and Mundorf caps after hearing my system. He now has as much money I think in his modified networks as the speakers cost him new.

And yes, my Fortes are 3-ways which I prefer.

SET12

Last edited:
Just finished my external XO boards and a few more mods to my Forte II's.

Mods added: all new internal wiring and 8 pole speakon connector output. Rope caulked mid horn and passive woofer basket. Spike feet. Titanium mid diaphragms.

All the crossover parts are changed out except for the original autoformers. I used canary wood for the box and it is a cork top that is glued to mdf beneath. This XO can be bi- or tri-amped depending on the jumpers that are installed.

5629666725_a5708454c1_b.jpg

5630244862_0b3636d699_b.jpg

5629658001_0441f38851_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom