Monster power trouble signs

Kyocerafan

I know many feel Monster power conditioners are overpriced. But they are quite reasonably priced used. I have four. One purchased new many years ago. Three more purchased used via Craigslist the last couple of years. Two are HTS 1000's. One is an HTS 1000 mk2. One is an HTS 1100. Given the consequences of a bad unit not protecting the connected components, does anyone have any educated opinions of what to watch out for? I haven't started using the used ones yet. The HTS mk2 I have is making a not obtrusive humming/buzzing noise. Certainly not loud enough to be a distraction. Protection light is on. Seems okay otherwise. Not sure I've paid more the $25 for any of them except the new one.
I'm not inclined to spend $500 on a power conditioner, but I am willing to use them for the right price. What should a person watch out for buying used? Thanks for any advice.

I'm not inclined to spend $500 on a power conditioner, but I am willing to use them for the right price. What should a person watch out for buying used? Thanks for any advice.
I am half-heartedly shopping for a PS Audio power conditioner at the moment. But still, one thing I would do is make certain it is 100% operational. With spikes and power surges being what they are, there's no telling what a seller might pass along, even unknowingly. The older PS Audio conditioners have a replaceable module--that way you are not having to dump an entire outlet distribution center because one part of it went bad.

What you;re describing sounds like the alarm is on because protection circuit is disabled. But the monster power conditioners I've seen are self sacrificing, and stop working once they take a good surge. I would stop using that particular unit, and replace it. I currently use these things from monster, furman, and panamax. I don't notice much a difference between them, other than the monster ones look cooler. I also use PC battery backups for this purpose.I live in a commercial area, that gets really hot in the summer time. So there are times of the year when my AC line voltage is really unstable.

Back
Top Bottom