More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad news to hear, indeed!

My prayer goes out to his family & friends that healing & peace surround them always.

Rome

I reckon that great Angel Band up there needed some sound work done. They surely have a good guy now. I'll miss you too Zman.:tears:

Goodbye Zilch.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

redsealavatar.jpg

This is truly regretable news. While I did not personally know him I did know his type- and that was of a good and generous person, giving well of his time and his tallent.

His knowledge will be long remembered and his keen mind from the craft we all admire.

He is gone where the smoke of solder goes, I too will miss him greatly.
DC

Chris,

Very sad news and a big loss to this and other forums. I talked to him a few times over the years on the phone and corresponded on the forums/PMs quite a bit.

I'm sure he appreciated your friendship more than he ever told you. If there is anything I can do to help in your efforts to keep zilchlabs up and running, just say the word.

RIP, Z. May you rest peacefully in a wankless afterlife.

I never had the chance to interact with Zilch but I read the earlier thread on him and I can easily tell he touched the lives of many and was a great influence. I came too late and regret it.

His legacy will continue which is a definate testament to him and who he was.

Rest in peace Zilch.

Rest in peace. Great sense of humour carried over in his posts and a very knowledgeable guy, willing to share his know-how. What a shame...

This is incredibly shocking and sad news. I had very little direct interaction with him, but his posts demonstrated so much of what is good and possible in an online community. This is a very sad day, and my deepest sympathy and condolences go out to his loved ones.

:tears:

Rest in peace Zilch. I am honored to have met you once at the Zilchlab.

I joined AK in February 2008. In April 2008, made my first post on rebuilding a set of Heath AS-10 speakers. Zich was the first person to respond. I was a complete newbie and Zilch patiently answered all my questions. Which led to me building 3 more sets of speakers under his guidance. Zilch started me down the DIY audio path......and for this I will be ever thankful to him.

Last edited:
This is very sad news indeed. I always found Zilch to be one of the most knowledgeable and helpful members; truly embodying the spirit of what I think AK is all about.

To say he will be missed is a major understatement. Rest well my friend; we'll keep building (and measuring :thmbsp: ).

Evan, you are sorely missed. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with anyone who asked. And thanks for all the nice things you have done for me.

Godspeed, Evan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom