More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's time to promote Zilch's million-view Econo-Wave thread to sticky status in his honor...

Wow. Terrible news. I had always assumed I would meet him at some speaker event or other. Zilch, we will miss you. I'll think of you whenever I see a JBL logo or polar plot.

I once heard Roy Orbison say the one thing he wanted to be remembered for was just to be remembered. Zilch will always be remembered be me and the rest of our AK family. RIP.

Zilch defended me as I asked for and got advice from people with varying opinions on how I should proceed with a horn driver project I've yet to complete. His wisdom and loyalty from knowing me here helped me sort out the BS on diy.com as he set the record straight in the way that only he could. When someone supersmart and willing to help comes along, you'd better grab on and learn as much as you can as quick as you can. This is the best example of that I can imagine. We al could have learned so much more from him given time, which obviously he ran out of. I'm glad for our brief interaction. And, oh yeah, he had great taste in speakers. Rest in peace.

RIP, Zilch. You were a true ambassador to the hobby and will be missed. I can never thank you enough for all the help you provided me on my E-Wave project.

I once heard Roy Orbison say the one thing he wanted to be remembered for was just to be remembered. Zilch will always be remembered be me and the rest of our AK family. RIP.

Nice. Zilch likely had no idea how many he influenced via his insightful posts. Remembered he shall certainly be.

Good bye my freind

I was one of the lucky ones to actually visit the lab and get help and direction on my speaker project. It was Evan that got me back to listening to music again and I will always be grateful for that.
The last time I was at the lab (to measure the FrankenVal prototype) I also had the pleasure of meeting Chris. Evan was very fortunate to have such a great friend. I also knew that that was the last time I was going to see Evan as he had aged many years since the last time I saw him.
RIP Zilch.
Steve

Zilch was one of the most unselfish people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I will cherrish the Loud Speaker Cookbook he sent me out of the blue a couple years ago even more now...

RIP Zilch. I'm sure gonna miss you....... <_______________>

R.I.P. Zilch, you deserve it. I didn't know you as well as a lot of folks did, but I definitely learned a lot from you, and will miss your input, and friendship. :yes: I know I'm still pretty wet behind the ears, but thanks to you, I can at least bi-amp if the mood hits me. ;)

Have had the pleasure of visiting Zilchlab, And got to hear the very first few pairs of Econowaves. I remember those beat up cabinets, And Zilch having a pair set up, And asking me to have a seat in the sweet spot. The sonic wonder of those first test pairs were jaw dropping, Even then. At his request, I supplied my Hpm 100's for woofer testing, And he was kind enough to walk me through the whole process, Even recapping the crossovers. The point is, He was a good man, Who as we know, Loved to dig for knowledge and share it. He will be missed, But it's good to know his legacy is all over this great website.

Just listening to my Ewaved NLA's today and thinking how much I love them...

Wow, what a loss...

On a positive note think of all the people whose lives he has enriched through his designs and the sharing of his expertise. I can't think of a better legacy than that:tresbon:

Wow ...

Rest In Peace Zilch.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Your posts have been and will continue to be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom