More questions on how the heck to

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Ok I wanna post my pics on the board using my Printroom account. I hate using up Kams Space. So how the heck do I do this. And lastly when you guys click on the link to see all the newest post do you guys get rediected from anther page to the list of posts or do you have to do like me and have to click the link that says if you dont wanna wait click here.

Dave

Grump,

The "View New Posts" link will take through through a brief pause while a search of the database is done. It will ask you for patience!! :rolleyes:.

Then you will get a list of all threads across all forums containing new posts you haven't read.

To go straight to the latest unread post in each thread click on the -> arrow at the far right of the line on each thread.

In terms ofuploading pictures from PrintRoom, use the IMG tag when making the new post and insert the URL when it asks you to.

I hope this all makes sense ...

:)

Walt what exactly does the Tag look like? can you give me a sample? I have tried to be patient when waiting to be redirected but I think I have waited almost 5 minutes or longer and it still does not work. Thanks

Dave

Ok the "IMG" tag is just above the message text area ... just below the font size drop-down.

Hit the tag, then you will be prompted to insert the URL. Insert the URL link to the image you have in PrintRoom.

Before you finish the post it will look something like this ...

[.IMG]http://www.printroom.com/yada,yada,yada[./IMG]

except for the dots before the first IMG and the dot before the slash on the last IMG (I had to insert those to prevent it from trying to actually post an image).

Is this what you were asking?

As for the "waiting period" while it does a search for new posts, it takes maybe 2-5 secs for me (on cable) ... might take a little longer on dial-up if you haven't been back for a few days, but it shouldn't take 5 mins.

Ward, can you help any more here?

Easy solution....just post the %$@ pics! :D I'll deal with the server....leave that to me. Don't forget that some of that space is occupied by forums software, too.

Back
Top Bottom