Morse ME-4 Stereo Chassis Schematic?

xXSHADoW93Xx

I know that Morse was a very low-end stereo manufacturer and not highly regarded at all, but does anyone here have a schematic for the ME-4 stereo chassis (which was also used in a WIDE variety of Morse and Electrophonic console stereos and standalone stereos)?

I'm currently trying to restore an old Morse stereo that I got for $10, the only issue it has is noisy transistors on the left channel (and intermittently on the right channel) on the amplifier section (already concluded its the power amplifier section as there is no hissing from the TAPE REC output, and the hissing persists at the same level when I turn up the volume)

Sadly, I do not have access to a scope to find the transistors in question, anyone recommend another method to find the noisy transistors?

So far, I rebuilt the original BSR A15 changer, which runs smoother like butter now, and runs at the correct speeds too.

jI9UldS.jpg

idGv8Hf.jpg

B1oNWXP.jpg

GzSF7Bt.jpg

Here's the chassis part, which I have no idea where to begin with, to replace the noisy transistors.

uMiL6uv.jpg

Sud9OZR.jpg

HTht0Jm.jpg

I know that Morse was a very low-end stereo manufacturer and not highly regarded at all, but does anyone here have a schematic for the ME-4 stereo chassis (which was also used in a WIDE variety of Morse and Electrophonic console stereos and standalone stereos)?

I'm currently trying to restore an old Morse stereo that I got for $10, the only issue it has is noisy transistors on the left channel (and intermittently on the right channel) on the amplifier section (already concluded its the power amplifier section as there is no hissing from the TAPE REC output, and the hissing persists at the same level when I turn up the volume)

Sadly, I do not have access to a scope to find the transistors in question, anyone recommend another method to find the noisy transistors?

So far, I rebuilt the original BSR A15 changer, which runs smoother like butter now, and runs at the correct speeds too.

jI9UldS.jpg

idGv8Hf.jpg

B1oNWXP.jpg

GzSF7Bt.jpg

Here's the chassis part, which I have no idea where to begin with, to replace the noisy transistors.

uMiL6uv.jpg

Sud9OZR.jpg

HTht0Jm.jpg
I might try some component cooler... spray some on each component in the audio chain after the volume control and see if it the noise significantly changes.. often that can prove to be a quick shortcut in troubleshooting... signal coupling caps between stages can cause that as well as noisy transistors... beyond that a scope would be nice. Working correctly that can be a neat little piece... you can stack 'changer' records on it and let it play like a radio without commercials.

Wonder if there's a Sam's Photofact schematic and servicer for this Morse?. For the record, this one is one of their better offerings of the era.

Back
Top Bottom