most creative album covers

Ghost - Meliora
maxresdefault.jpg

Clutch - Earth Rocker

clutchearthrockercover.jpg

Tool - Lateralus (You can see the whole thing here)

282b2f72b304ea853dd773d294415530.jpg

i was looking through my vinyl again thinking how much i miss album covers.there are so many creative covers out there.whats some of the best? two that i have that come to mind are "schools out"that fold out desk was too cool.next might be "thick as a brick"that news paper album gave me hours of fun.
A real freaky one is Bonded by Blood by Exodus.

Hard to find LP is Luis Cardenas Animal instinct with the song "Dizzy" he is in the Guinness World Records for having the largest drum set!

One LP I miss is Banzai Axe this LP has Metallica and many other bands that people did not know until they made it up the charts especially Metallica of course...sorry cannot seem to post photos anymore?????

More Favorite Moodies!

Another interesting one - To Our Children's Children's Children...

ccc-c.jpg

(Notice anything out-of-place?)

On Long Distance Voyager, it's hard to see in this copy - just a blue smudge in the sky - but there's something that looks like a space probe hanging in the sky.

ldv-c.jpg

Finally, the previously mentioned "In Search of the Lost Chord":

tlc-c.jpg

From previously noted web-site:

Ever have that feeling, when the harmonics on a certain chord, 4-part vocal harmony, measure in a symphony, etc. just kind of send you someplace else?

Or was it something I ate/drank/smoked?

Another vote for the "Moodies" and their album covers.

I always looked forward for the etheral feelings that they strived for and attempting to capture those same spirits on their covers. I framed some of them and they looked great on the wall, eh?

Q2

I'm sure someone must have nominated this cover. I wasn't going to wade through hundreds of posts to find out. King Crimson's 1st album. In The Court Of The Crimson King. The full jacket. A one of a kind. The artist died soon after painting this.

the-schizoid-the-king-king-crimson3.jpeg

Captain Fantastic

This one has lots of detail
I was going to mention CF as well. The cover art is amazing. I first bought the record when I was about 9 and was shocked by it. My little eyes! It originally came with a poster and I think I still have mine. Great one!

i was looking through my vinyl again thinking how much i miss album covers.there are so many creative covers out there.whats some of the best? two that i have that come to mind are "schools out"that fold out desk was too cool.next might be "thick as a brick"that news paper album gave me hours of fun.
the Tragically Hip Fully Completely, Badfinger Magic Christian Music, the Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers

Back
Top Bottom