most creative album covers

I'm going with this one, self-titled by a band called Bodhi Tree, whom I met in California some years ago, playing in an Irish pub. AFAIK, they never made the big time which was a pity. They wrote and played some great tunes.

The album cover is a plaster cast of the percussionist's girlfriend's face according to what the band members told me at the time. Unlucky girl, but definitely creative.

IMG_8645.JPG

111945-b.jpg

Related to this topic, perhaps, is my question: Do you have any albums that are in your collection for no other reason than the cover art? As in, you don't like the music but you have to have the artwork, for whatever reason? I don't have many albums like this, but I have a few where the artwork is compelling enough that I can't do without the record. One is that infamous Mom's Apple Pie album -- the music, as I remember (haven't played it in a while), is rather mediocre late-60s blues-rock but I like owning the record for the controversial cover. Then there are several CTI jazz albums from the late 1960s and early 1970s -- the photography on the cover was incredible, the music inside not so much.

Yes
Yes songs. Quad fold, great art.
image.jpgimage.jpg

ELP Tarkus is cool too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 23
'Music isn't just about the music' has the brilliant album cover. I can't forget this cover forever.

Love Forever Changes
Elektra Records 1967
Loves Psychedelic Masterpiece
America's answer to the Beatles Sgt. Peppers LHCB

Attachments

• Love Forever Changes Mono Promo $2228 3-2017.jpg
    Love Forever Changes Mono Promo $2228 3-2017.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 18
Ummagumma is by Pink Floyd, not Captain Beyond. Still a cool cover with a picture, of a picture, of a picture, of a picture scheme with each members position being the only difference in each picture. Its cool that the CD version gives you a small poster of the original album cover.

Now Captain Beyond is a whole different story. They are really far out like Floyd used to be but definitly an entirely different entity. I have their self titled album from 1972. Great stuff. Killer guitar!!
New to the site and new to this thread I thought of Captain Beyond right away. The album (and awesome title song) is Sufficiently Breathless. They were formed from castoffs from Deep Purple and a couple other Brit bands...awesome stuff!

A few off the top of my head I know I have in my collection. The last three are the Captain Beyond, Spirit, and inner art from Allman Bros. Eat a Peach

upload_2017-6-20_1-3-57.jpegupload_2017-6-20_1-5-12.jpegupload_2017-6-20_1-6-35.jpegupload_2017-6-20_1-8-4.jpegupload_2017-6-20_1-14-35.jpegupload_2017-6-20_1-15-56.jpegupload_2017-6-20_1-17-14.jpegupload_2017-6-20_1-20-59.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom