Most economical way to play streaming music?

jameswei

I have 4 separate systems and have 4 DACs as well, as of now I have two laptops and one Mac Mini for music playing. I am looking for another laptop or MacMini to fill the other one system. Can someone suggest another cheaper alternative?

Ah gotcha. Might be worth looking into at any rate. Chromecast Audio is inexpensive in the states and works well for me streaming from my phone or computer. Has usb out to hook up to external DAC too.

Audioengine D2, 24bit WiFi DAC.
https://audioengineusa.com/shop/adapters/d2-24-bit-wireless-dac/

You can use one transmiter and send the signal to three different receivers if you wish. It's a stand alone WiFi so you get no corruption from other things in the house. You can also not use the DAC in it and just use it for it's 24bit wifi if you want a different DAC

Anyway with this you could have three of your systems playing the same throughout the house. If you had powered speakers that would be all one needed with a receiver to have music in a room

These systems are all over the building, one is in the Yoga room located on the B1 of the building and one system is in the lobby of the building, so I was thinking about an Ipad or tablet type of thing. Does anyone have experience with the Kindle Fire? Can I play iTunes on it?

Tablet running Android, a powered USB hub, and the portable HDD of your choice. Or, you can use VLC Direct for Android and stream from another device with the client program on it as server.

I have 4 separate systems and have 4 DACs as well, as of now I have two laptops and one Mac Mini for music playing. I am looking for another laptop or MacMini to fill the other one system. Can someone suggest another cheaper alternative?
It seems you need a network infrastructure to share content from a common library as opposed to using multiple, separate systems.

I have but one server containing all my music that feeds all my systems - from the main one which drives the in-house system, wired using Ethernet to a microRendu player to the main system and to others in the garage and bedroom using WiFi.

One computer feeds them all. No redundancy or need to synchronize content when I get new music.

As for inexpensive renderers, I cannot think of a better answer than a Rasbperry PI based one feeding your favorite DAC.

Back
Top Bottom