Moving the music room after 25 years...

ffrink23

For some irrational reason, I have decided to move from the 11' x 11'bare plaster walled room that I've been hunkered down in for (somewhat cramped) listening the last 25 years. I've been acquiring some "higher" end gear, so am hoping to enjoy the collection if I can live long enough to listen to it all. Of course, the new room, which will be around 14' x 11' , is also bare plaster wall, so we are painting both, as well as painting the third mostly- unused room, and then getting some new carpet. Loads of CDs, CDRs and vinyl in boxes and boxes, along with the books in the two bookcases, a couple Nakamichis, amps and even a VCR. Boxing everything up until painting is done, then carpet laid. My plan is to start unpacking everything and take the 'expendable' media to half price books or goodwill. Any suggestions to making sure I don't cling to too much?
Thanks

For some irrational reason, I have decided to move from the 11' x 11'bare plaster walled room that I've been hunkered down in for (somewhat cramped) listening the last 25 years. I've been acquiring some "higher" end gear, so am hoping to enjoy the collection if I can live long enough to listen to it all. Of course, the new room, which will be around 14' x 11' , is also bare plaster wall, so we are painting both, as well as painting the third mostly- unused room, and then getting some new carpet. Loads of CDs, CDRs and vinyl in boxes and boxes, along with the books in the two bookcases, a couple Nakamichis, amps and even a VCR. Boxing everything up until painting is done, then carpet laid. My plan is to start unpacking everything and take the 'expendable' media to half price books or goodwill. Any suggestions to making sure I don't cling to too much?
Thanks

You could start with losing the VCR and tapes. If that isn't doable, then no, you're a clinger.

Have someone in household who isn't into music, decide how much you can keep. Or a non musical outside consultant. My wife has volunteered to help me.
Congrats on new room. Moving from square room should improve accoustics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom