mswer

mswer

Needs some space to think
Hello all. I'm sure some of you have seen me posting, mostly in the Dollars and Sense forum. I have to say, AK has the greatest sense of community of any forum I've ever joined, and I've really been enjoying it around here.

I'm a recent college graduate with a degree in English and philosophy, and I too am just starting to get into vintage stereo. My current set-up is an SX-828 with a PL-112D and some newer (early to mid 80s) Pioneer 3-way loudspeakers (I'm drawing a blank on the model number). It's certainly not the highest end setup but I get great sound from it and I quite enjoy it. Also, the finish of my 3 pieces doesn't quite match, but they look pretty nice together, and the components have taken the place of big pile of crap (papers, CDs, etc.) I never used on my desk.

Oh, and my name is Matt. I guess that's all there is to say.

Greetings, Matt!

(Biting my tongue, I will refrain from making comments about English/Philosophy majors and careers at Starbucks.)

OUCH! Darn! Failed!

;)

Cool...a philosophy/english major!

As for your stuff not matching, listen metaphysically with your eyes closed or look up the thread about refinishing/reveneering your gear.

Welcome to AK Matt.

Cheers,
Carl

Welcome, Matt! (I can't believe I just typed that ... :rolleyes: ). Anyway, good to have you aboard.

HI!
The SX-828 was my first receiver. TOTL and a wonderful sound. Drove my CS-88A & CS-99A to horrendous volumes long and loud without a whimper. Toughest 54 wpc you can find.

Back
Top Bottom