Multi-channel AVR with HDMI switching and analog preamp outs?

DevlinC

Hi all,

Quick thread for the experts to let me know what's on the market at the moment (or over the last few years, as budget is a factor) that might meet my requirements. It's all in the title but to give a little more detail...

I recently picked up a Harmen Kardon 900+ quadraphonic receiver/amplifier and would like to use that as the main amplifier but also be able to run modern 5.1 titles through it (obviously with the additional of a monoblock for the center speaker and an active subwoofer, at a later date). Therefore it would need DTS and/or Dolby decoding solutions built-in.

The system would need at least 2 HDMI inputs (I expect almost everything will have more than that) but also at least one set of analog multi-ins for a quad 8-track, as the Harmen Kardon has only one set of discrete tape inputs and those would be being used as the inputs for the preamp.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Hi all,

Quick thread for the experts to let me know what's on the market at the moment (or over the last few years, as budget is a factor) that might meet my requirements. It's all in the title but to give a little more detail...

I recently picked up a Harmen Kardon 900+ quadraphonic receiver/amplifier and would like to use that as the main amplifier but also be able to run modern 5.1 titles through it (obviously with the additional of a monoblock for the center speaker and an active subwoofer, at a later date). Therefore it would need DTS and/or Dolby decoding solutions built-in.

The system would need at least 2 HDMI inputs (I expect almost everything will have more than that) but also at least one set of analog multi-ins for a quad 8-track, as the Harmen Kardon has only one set of discrete tape inputs and those would be being used as the inputs for the preamp.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Check out accessories4less, just use their search function to check off the features you need, and look at the selection that results.

Well my next HT receiver will be from Anthem. They have been getting good reviews and are Canadian and are built there or in the USA.

Only their separates are still built in Canada or the US. Just about everything else is made in Vietnam, including their MRX line of AV receivers, and I believe the latest AVM pre-pros.

You could consider a pre/pro. They have no power amps but you've addressed that already. It really comes down to what your budget is. Had I $2500 to spend I'd give a serious look at the Emotiva XMC-1. FWIW, I currently have and use an Emotiva UMC-200 processor.

Back
Top Bottom