Music Hall CD25.2 CD Player Skipping.....

rstone

Did a basic search and didn't see anything obvious but my beloved CD25.2 is starting to randomly skip and stutter on most CDs (typically occurs 2-3 times per CD and is growing worse). I've tried the cd with brushes, manual cleaning with contact cleaner but neither seemed to help. I've modded this player with discrete Burson OpAmps, dampening, power cord and I hate the thought of parting with it.

Suspect it needs a new transport (Phillips VAM 1202/12) but not sure. Called dozens of places (including Underwood, Modular Electronics, Music Hall etc.) and either no parts or they won't work on it. From my understanding most of the transport units available on ebay are cheap Chinese knockoffs that do not work.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong, where to get a reliable transport, or other potential fixes? I'm desperate....

Thanks.

Yes, that's a great thread. Thanks.

Need to try to oil the motor, I'm just not clear where to oil (image URL below - not mine) and a bit nervous to randomly squirt triflow....not a real comfortable poking around too much. Doesn't sound like there is a reliable source for parts either.

Appreciate the help. Thank you.

6a00d8341c699253ef01b7c7b0ced5970b-pi

Back
Top Bottom