Music industry better off with streaming...

On another note, I have recently opened up an account (free trial) to Spotify premium and have to say their system, interface, the way it intro's new music has been working pretty well. I think it is better than Tidal. I may pay for this one once the trial is over.

Spotify lossy 320kbps MP3 over TIDAL’s 1411kbps lossless streaming is definitely a step backwards. :rflmao:

I won’t even repeat the success story of TIDAL’s phenomenal “lossy” Hi-Res streaming option:biggrin:.

Some “audiophiles” would rather sacrifice sound quality for convenience though.:dunno:

Last edited:
That article is 2017. The music artist owned TIDAL is doing very well after billionaire Shawn Carter aka Jay-Z purchasing of Aspiro AB for $56 million in 2015. TIDAL is worth over $600 million in 2019.

TIDAL with MQA is really taking off!
I’m a member in an TIDAL and MQA forum and literally see a hundred new members a week!

Car manufacturers are in line to add MQA streaming to their new automobiles.

Many high end audio manufacturers are scrambling to implement MQA into their equipment like PS Audio, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer, Meridian, Cambridge Audio, Sonos, Integra, and many more.

It’s a good day to embrace MQA.:banana:

What I do find amusing are the whole 23 MQA naysayersView attachment 1567258

That post is from 2017 also. Just sayin.

Spotify lossy 320kbps MP3 over TIDAL’s 1411kbps lossless streaming is definitely a step backwards. :rflmao:

I don’t even have to repeat the success story of TIDAL’s phenomenal “lossy” Hi-Res streaming option:biggrin:.

Some “audiophiles” would rather sacrifice sound quality for convenience though.:dunno:
Was it you that when you were first posting on AK that proclaimed that you didn't see a need for anything over 16-44.1 because you weren't "a bat"?

Using the Don't Stop The Music plugin in LMS I just gave 1/1000 of a cent to Dua Lipa, Michael Nyman, Kodaline and BANKS via Spotify. I have never heard of any of these artists...

I just gave 1/1000 of a cent to Dua Lipa, Michael Nyman, Kodaline and BANKS via Spotify
The thousandths are measured in dollars not pennies. And in Spotify's case this would be a rolling monthly average between 3.5 and 5 thousandths; Ad supported and subscription tiers respectively.
;)

The unheard have now been discovered :)

Back
Top Bottom