Music videos that are as good as the music in them?

birchoak

Hi-Fi Nut
This thread is for music videos that you've watched more than once.
These videos are as well-crafted as the songs themselves, and perhaps the sum of the parts is even greater than the whole! Ideally, these are not obvious ones that everybody has seen a millions times and talks about, although in the interest of equality we won't count those out if you can't help yourself.

Purpose? Maybe we learn about some awesome music videos that we simply were not aware of (oh, there's a lot of them), and maybe we even come across music we didn't know existed! How cool would that be?

Examples:
1) Gold Dust, by DJ Fresh
This song has so much energy I feel like my speakers can barely contain it, and the video is an unusual departure from the overblown tripe that an overlarge budget can result in. I have never seen anyone jump rope that fast, either.
2) Up and Up, by Coldplay
Wow. Just, wow. Beautiful song almost outdone by its video. Here, the large budget is used to good effect, putting more disparate images together than I can begin to mention. If you've never seen people skydiving into a life-size volcano erupting popcorn, kindly prepare yourself.

What about you? What tickles your fancy art senses?

Okay, I know it's Saturday night, pretty much 4th of July weekend, but I'm waiting for my son to fall asleep and have a bit of time to kill. So I will wait. And yes, I read to him, told him stories, and he has all his stuffed animals, so it's up to mini-me to seal the sleep deal at this point.

Okay, fine, here's another one:

3). Vlad the Impaler, by Kasabian.
A short movie, really. I cannot decide if it's meant to be funny, scary, or both, but it is highly entertaining and will definitely make you think twice before asking for your tennis ball back from a vampire. Well-crafted retro look and a good song to crank, to boot.

Gorillaz - Stylo

Benny Benassi - Satisfaction

Whoa! Stylo is like The Road Warrior, Vanishing Point, and ... uh....and something mixed all together! I never would have found that on my own; thank you!
Benny Benassi's video I did know about and watching it for the music is like saying you read Playboy for the articles.

And if you're in the mood to crank it to 11 ...

Ooh, I knew about this one! It's . . . it's, ah, got a lot of interesting things going on in it, and I'd love to crank it, but then my wife might come in and see part of it and then my marriage would be over.

^^ This video is what happened to him. No, we didn’t dress like that, at least to that extent. If someone other than himself directed that video they had career sabotage in mind, and if was he who directed it than it’s evidence of an out of control ego. His music would still be a big hit if it came out today but that video was a real killer.

I remember being at a party and we were all pretty well fueled on various substances when this came on for the first time and everybody just stopped and watched
One hell of a song--sounds absolutely incredible cranked up--the whole freaking album does, for that matter. A well-mixed, superbly engineered album and WTF is going on in that video?! The bugs, oh man, those bugs. Too many bugs.

Here's another one. It is probably not safe for work but it is very well made and features an incredible (but lesser known) Moby song.

4). Ooh Yeah, by Moby.

Back
Top Bottom