Musical Fidelity A5 My current Set Up

Yeah, sounds like you might have some fluctuation in your voltage supply coming in. Can you test it with a DMM? If that technician is coming out to your place, they can test it.
If there is, there may be a bad transformer or something nearby that can't handle high demand periods. Or you are on the same line as an industrial use that is using too much. Is it an older area?

The sound can be defined as Buzzing i been informed by a trained ear sometimes the buzzing really strong. then after a time it wavers. worst scenario if it was in both amps or should i say one amp now is it earth related.i tried using a bit of wire and grounding the mf to the roksan turntable grounding screws if you do this must both devices be plugged in to the mains : please?

I Sold the A5 on Gumtree.co.uk I Put the Add in at 10 am and it was gone by 10: 20 I was paid £550 no questions, no testing. Just gave me the money. In the next two hours Guess what? Saw it for sale on Ebay £750

I took Delivery Of a brand new Musical Fidelity M3SI. Very very pleased with it Bought it over the phone on the link supplied. They delivered to My Home next Day. He Said we do not stock any of these MF products we order them as required from MF London . Next day Delivery. Got it that day.

Whats it like After a few hours of running in and trying Two different sets of speakers? Superb. out of the Dynaudio Emit & Tannoy. I prefer the Tannoy Floor Standing speakers have a dB of 94 which the Amp seems to love. one of the big surprises is the Internal Dac of the MF is much more superior Than The Arcam Dac2 i have. Spotify sounds fabulous Been playing "Jane Monheit" The Songbook of Ella Fitzgerald, her Voice wow sounds superfluous along with the Double Bass. I have such a wide taste in music it often gets me in to trouble just talking about it to people casually.

All in all Superb

Bought here http://jordanacoustics.co.uk/category/amplifiers/integrated-amplifiers/#products

Attachments

• DSC00157.JPG
    DSC00157.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00159.JPG
    DSC00159.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I Sold the A5 on Gumtree.co.uk I Put the Add in at 10 am and it was gone by 10: 20 I was paid £550 no questions, no testing. Just gave me the money. In the next two hours Guess what? Saw it for sale on Ebay £750

I took Delivery Of a brand new Musical Fidelity M3SI. Very very pleased with it Bought it over the phone on the link supplied. They delivered to My Home next Day. He Said we do not stock any of these MF products we order them as required from MF London . Next day Delivery. Got it that day.

Whats it like After a few hours of running in and trying Two different sets of speakers? Superb. out of the Dynaudio Emit & Tannoy. I prefer the Tannoy Floor Standing speakers have a dB of 94 which the Amp seems to love. one of the big surprises is the Internal Dac of the MF is much more superior Than The Arcam Dac2 i have. Spotify sounds fabulous Been playing "Jane Monheit" The Songbook of Ella Fitzgerald, her Voice wow sounds superfluous along with the Double Bass. I have such a wide taste in music it often gets me in to trouble just talking about it to people casually.

All in all Superb

Congrats! Nice purchase. Spotify Premium really sounds great doesn't it when used with good gear?
What Tannoy's are those?

Thanks: My Tannoys have a bit of history . Will bore you to death with it. 2 & half years ago was looking for a pair of speakers Saw these Tannoy 7.4 on line I never seen them before they had a super specifications and the only people who were selling them were in Australia. So I bought some on Ebay. I thought they looked Gorgeous. (They Did not come from OZ) When they arrived in two very heavy boxes after the initial excitement period what we all go through is listening to what you bought and then trying to justify to yourself. Why you bought them they were expensive and were they worth it. Once my mind had settled. I got to some serious listening. Yes they are to me anyway ( and thats all that matters) They are a good buy At the time , Very good indeed.

Now the interesting part. It took two years before i saw these speakers here in Britain and I wrote to Tannoy saying they are brilliant why are they not for sale here in UK. Got some good responses. They were obviously pleased. But finally I saw a review of them in What Hi fi some Two and a bit years later, and they hated them. All the traits They say they had, I could not and still cant hear any of them. But i must admit I do like them. They have a brightness i like . I was somewhat taken back by how long I owned them to How before they were reviewed

I prefer the Dynaudio Merits As you can hear the quality. Tannoys are great fun though

I need to hang some pictures up in the room as i have some echo.

your find the Tannoys here

https://tinyurl.com/y9zfznvh

Last edited:
I Repurchased a Musical Fidelity A5. I change my listening space constantly. I managed to hide the Cables quite well I think.

Attachments

• DSC00206.JPG
    DSC00206.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00207.JPG
    DSC00207.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00211.JPG
    DSC00211.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
as it stands 10 July 2018

DC Blocker arrived Today From ATL Audio in Bulgaria. £90 includes p&p

Dose it work Yes no Buzzing . So had a shift about and dust the old cobwebs of

Do you like the way i hid the cables with the electric Fire ? Petty Hot :)

Attachments

• DSC00242.JPG
    DSC00242.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00243.JPG
    DSC00243.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00244.JPG
    DSC00244.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00245.JPG
    DSC00245.JPG