Musician needing tech help disecting and replaying a musical "Riff" in slo-mo

KutzlerTrans

Jennie & I with Buddy and Barney.
I am not sure of the correct forum for this question, but i believe the answer would be using a digital process of some sort, so i thought i'd ask here first.
Is there a way to record a song and then play it back in slo motion while retaining the same note pitch?

I am a Harmonica player and i am studying a Buddy Greene harp song, trying to figure out what he is doing, but he is so fast, i cannot be sure what notes he is playing.
I am looking for a way to scroll through the song and be able to slowly pick out the correct notes and stop the song, so to speak, but still hear it, like hitting the same note or chord on a piano over and over till i scroll to the next note.

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks, John

I can do that in Nero Wave Editor. But, I'll bet there are many many wave editors out there that can do it.

There are stand alone CD players designed for this exact purpose. They will slow down while retaining pitch. I think my bassist uses a Tascam branded one.

Thanks Fellas, Slow downer looks like the name they use for it. I also came across this ,

It looks like a pretty cool way to learn. I'll let you know how it pans out. Learning the notes is one thing, playing them as fast as heard in this song is another. I'll give myself a year.

Audacity is a free wave editor that has some slow-down capabilities in the "effects" section.

http://www.audacityteam.org/

BTW, I grew up in the same neighborhood as Buddy in Macon,GA and met him a few times over the years. His first band was "Buddy's Buddies" when he was around ten and I was seven or eight.

He is an incredible harp player.

Back
Top Bottom