MX151 HDMI issues

Try this cable: AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - Latest Standard.
I can't tell the difference between this and my glorified Audioquest cable

In my experience anyone who buys a Mcintosh is just not an ordinary hifi customer, They are usually the smartest most intellectual customers you will ever deal with. They study everything there is to Know about what they want to buy. To much money is being spent to be lackadaisical about a purchase. But when a smart man who probably knows more about a product runs into a sharp salesman with the cunning of a used car salesman he can easily be out foxed into a purchase. This sounds like the perfect example.

I will agree there are few that have more money than sense, and will buy blindly for either status or prestige but this was not the case here. The buyer new to much about his product capabilities, reputation, and had experience with the product line. He should have watched out for the warning signs.

I still hope its still just a compromised cable. My knew, very knew, iPhone SE quit charging after the 4th time. It turned out to be a very light layer of pollution on the miniature connector. Frustrating, but easily corrected.

I checked the warranty that came with my latest MP 100. Its still 3 years extended service contract with 90 day warranty, The unit should be registered with the factory upon purchase. But with proof of purchase they will apply the service contract. But you have to go through a few steps, where if you register the product you don't. So register the unit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom