My 1st Dual Disk

CarlV

Lunatic Member
I was at the title company yesterday, and decided to pop in to the CC nearby. I asked the lady stocking cd's where they kept the SACD's and DVD-A's at. Of course she didn't know what I was talking about. But after 10 questiond she showed me the dual disk DVD-A's they had. There was mostly garbage titles but there was also a few copies of Kind Of Blue. I already have a few copies, so do I really need another? Another thought is I have plenty to A/B against the 2 channel PCM tracks, my primary interest. So I sprung another 14.99. The totally smokes either std. or remaster redbook, the redbook side of the disc and most likely betters the 2 LP's I have. This is really nice! The clarity of the horns and soundstage is striking. Maybe I'll A/B with the LP's this weekend. :) There is hope for this format.

Carl

No player compatibility problems Carl? Have seen numerous reports of the Dual Disk's thickness causing problems with some players. Maybe more of a problem with car and slot load computer drives.

-dave

It does play just fine in my MVP851. Actually this one isn't that thick Dave. It is also the only one I have had my hands on. I do have a driver configuration (?) problem playing the 2 channel PCM in my computer but the video on it and redbook side play fine. I don't have a car disk player at this time.
PS, my computer does plat the 2 channel DVD-A's just fine FWIW

Carl

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom