My 3 month AK experience.

Yeah, a 1971 124 Spider was what started it all for me. Eight Alfas later all I have now is an 1987 Alfa Spider.

Welcome!

bshorey, so your friends with the guys at auto ricambi, bayless, and guy croft, just like me I bet. I am lucky that for stuff I can't do my self I have Paul from Diffata Bros. here in B more to help me out, that guy knows is way around the house of pinanfarina.

No Alfas in the shed for me - tho I did have a 63 Giulia body I dropped a 67 veloce engine and 5sp into when I got it running.
Had a 67 GTV after that - long ago now ...
These days I'm just commuting in a 2012 Fit 5sp ...

No Alfas in the shed for me - tho I did have a 63 Giulia body I dropped a 67 veloce engine and 5sp into when I got it running.
Had a 67 GTV after that - long ago now ...
These days I'm just commuting in a 2012 Fit 5sp ...

(My brother and) I still have a 1959 AR Giulietta Sprint "project" (in several pieces) stored @ one of the pole buildings @ our father's compound. Last itme it "ran" was in the mid 1980s. We dismantled it in the late '80s-early '90s with the intention of a complete rebuild but never got back to the project due to the interference of families, jobs, and a couple of other (American muscle car) projects. Oh, and an old Mercedes 250 coupe project.

bshorey, so your friends with the guys at auto ricambi, bayless, and guy croft, just like me I bet. I am lucky that for stuff I can't do my self I have Paul from Diffata Bros. here in B more to help me out, that guy knows is way around the house of pinanfarina.

Yeah, I know those guys of course. Most of my close contacts are in New England, where I lived most of my life, and now here in Ca, where I've been for the past few years.

I still have a couple of Alfas, and another Italian car, back in New England I haven't moved out here yet!

bs

(My brother and) I still have a 1959 AR Giulietta Sprint "project" (in several pieces) stored @ one of the pole buildings @ our father's compound. Last itme it "ran" was in the mid 1980s. We dismantled it in the late '80s-early '90s with the intention of a complete rebuild but never got back to the project due to the interference of families, jobs, and a couple of other (American muscle car) projects. Oh, and an old Mercedes 250 coupe project.

Well..

If you're never going to get around to putting that Sprint together, we should talk! ALFA = Always Looking For Another.

bs

Well..

If you're never going to get around to putting that Sprint together, we should talk! ALFA = Always Looking For Another.

bs

It was a fun car to drive, though as I came closer and closer to my present 6'3" driving the thing became increasingly challenging -- clutch pedal knee hittin' the bottom of the (non-tilting) steering wheel again and again and again and... (I bought this thing @ age 17, while still at University, and not yet fully grown)

^^^ I keep forgetting this is an "Introductions" thread as it's starting to resemble the threads @ our "Wings, Wheels, Etc." forums thread @ the bottom of the main page.

Back
Top Bottom