My '60's, '70's, '80's and '90's system...

Thanks everyone. I enjoy using all the kit everyday.

Ok.. for those who're interested, the following is that lot in the pic from L to R. :)

KEF Reference 103.3 with the original KUBE from 1987, Tannoy Revolution 2 speakers, TEAC A-7030GSL High Speed 2T from 1973, Thorens TD150 MKII with standard arm and ADC Cartridge, TEAC A-3300-10 from 1971. Next shelf L/R is a TEAC A-450 Cassette Deck from 1974, TEAC AS-200S Amp from 1970, TEAC AN180 Dolby B NR unit connected to the A3300. Next shelf L/R is a Sony TC-K570 Cassette Deck from 1993, TEAC AT-200S Tuner (not working at present) also from 1970, JVC KD A7 Cassette Deck from 1979, working but struggling REW due to a knackered idler wheel. Below that is a JVC AX-3 Amp, which is not connected at present, also from '79 and then a Sony MDS-JE480 MiniDisc Deck, a Sony CD-P991 CD Player from '93 and a Sony SD-SE700 tuner from about '96 l think.

I inherited the TEAC A Series amp and tuner from my Mum when she passed in 2007. These had been bought by my two brothers, together with a pair of 12" Tannoy Monitor Gold drivers, which they housed in home built cabinets. My remaining brother took these and dumped the cabinets. He also took the Thorens TD150MKII, with an SME 3009 Improved Arm, refurbished them, and passed them over to me... in bits!

In the living room, we have a Yamaha RV-667 AV Receiver, which is also a very competent HiFi Amp, a JVC QL-A5R Turntable, unmodified Monitor Audio R352 main speakers from '83 I think and JPW Mini Monitor centre and rear speakers. We also have our 400+ CD collection in there too.

In the kitchen, we have an amazing £10 Lypy 12v 20w Class D Amp. Connected to this is a Sharp MD-ME280E Minidisc Recorder, a 160 GB iPod Classic and a mono Pure One DBS radio, which fortunately outputs in stereo via the headphone socket; we use this most of all. This tiny amp easily drives a pair of fantastic KEF Cresta 10 speakers to an obscenely high volume and with no audible distortion at all... and I'll just add once again... this amp was a tenner! The Crestas sit on very tall Target stands which are sand filled, with the floor spikes sitting on shoes which themselves are fixed to the porcelain tile floor with Blutak.

In our temperature controlled basement storage, we have a boxed pair JPW Sonata+ speakers, a TEAC A-1230 2T, which is a rare R2R (I'll be getting that sat beneath the A3300 in the next few weeks), a boxed JVC TX6-L Synthesiser Tuner which I bought in '79, at the same time as the KD-A7 and A-X3 amp. We also have an immaculate Thorens TD135 turntable and matching arm in its original plinth for which I paid the princely sum of £1 at a Jumble Sale 25 years ago; unfortunately, this is not working at present. Finally we have the aforementioned Thorens TD150 MKII / SME 3009 combo from home.

So that's our lot. Many apologies for the tedious length of this post, but thought I'd just get it all done and dusted in one go!

Back
Top Bottom