My 7 yr old just got KLH

Joel66

I was 50 before I got decent speakers :rflmao: My 7 yr old got speakers today. Mind you they aren't top of the line, but still. Wow, couldn't pass them up for the price. Bought a pair of KLH model 283A-VS. I can't find any info online about them but, for $10....I have an ecstatic 7 yr old.

Good for you! As his musical tastes evolve, he might get headphones next :).
His musical evolution needs to slow down to the pace of my bank account. Lol. He loves The Beatles, Dale Watson, Johnny Cash, The Monkees, and many more (Justin Timberlake included). He needs a new receiver next.

I was 50 before I got decent speakers :rflmao: My 7 yr old got speakers today. Mind you they aren't top of the line, but still. Wow, couldn't pass them up for the price. Bought a pair of KLH model 283A-VS. I can't find any info online about them but, for $10....I have an ecstatic 7 yr old.

Here is some info for you: Frequency Response - 35 - 20,000Hz, 8 Ohm Nominal Impedance, Sensitivity - 90db, Crossover Frequency - 2800Hz, 900H, Power Handling- 250W. Listed new for $229.00. Hope this helps.

Cool!

Get him a subwoofer. My 10yo loves his 150W 10" powered JBL in his room.
My next item will be a new receiver for him. He's got a late 80's Zenith surround sound receiver. I'm looking at an old Realistic or a new Sony that a local store has a few of. I can't remember the model of the Realistic off hand.

with cerwin vega,klh,and now acoustic research speakers,i see no need for subwoofer...but my ears ring as i write this as also im a lead guitar player,an had marshall an engl an fender amps that leave my right ear especially ringing most of the time..each to there own i guess.......

Back
Top Bottom