My bedroom system

ricohman

Adventure Rider
It didn't all go my way. The wife wasn't fond of the T100's I brought up from the basement so I replaced them with Realistic's smallest speakers. The Minimus 0.3. But if there are smaller Realistic speakers, let me know.
I didn't even ask about a TT.
Win some lose some. But at least I got to keep the receiver.
DSC03654.jpg

Last edited:
go for a set of Realistic Minimus 7's. They are slightly bigger than the .3's and were one of the best (and longest production run from late 70's into the 90's) speakers Rat Shack made. I prefer the 7W. They're a wood veneered case rather than the black or silver metal of the regular Minimus 7. Same internal stuff though (4" woofer & 1" soft dome tweeter.)

Might not sound to bad if you added a small sub .

I'm lucky my wife likes the Marantz's blue lights . Just the other day she made the statement on how much better the TV sounds when the stereo is on .

Barney

Although this thread was mostly in jest, I think I shall look for a pair of Minimus 7 with a wood case!

Although this thread was mostly in jest, I think I shall look for a pair of Minimus 7 with a wood case!

'd be a good way to go. I just refurbed a pair of 7s to pair with an old receiver for our bedroom. The clock radio just don't cut it for providing mood music, doncha know ;)

go for a set of Realistic Minimus 7's. They are slightly bigger than the .3's and were one of the best (and longest production run from late 70's into the 90's) speakers Rat Shack made. I prefer the 7W. They're a wood veneered case rather than the black or silver metal of the regular Minimus 7. Same internal stuff though (4" woofer & 1" soft dome tweeter.)

I LOVE the look of my Minimus 7W's- wood with brown grill cloth, not perforated aluminum. My only complaint is their thin sound but hey... they are only 4" woofers right? Perhaps if I listened to them in isolation from my big boys http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=355658, they would sound better to me. I do like the receiver!

have you thought about ::GASP:: hiding your beautiful receiver in a cabinet of some kind to keep your wife happy? i wanted to get my mother a stereo but she thought they were all ugly and big, so i took apart a philco phono console and put a mini system in it for her. she loves it, and it just looks like a mahogany cabinet when not in use.

Back
Top Bottom