My Blown Cutlass - 250hp ago . . .

No doubt that is a sweet ride...

I have never had a Cutlas but a close fried of mine had one once upon a time, nothing like yours for sure.

Question, why opt for the glass front clip over the factory metal, wouldn't the metal be more disirable for value or is it just about the speed ?

I bought the car as a roller about 8 years ago. The prior owner built it as an 1/8th mile drag car. He elected to put the fiberglass front clip on it, obviously in an effort to reduce weight. It really messes with the Olds' guys because at first they don't notice it's fiberglass. They scratch their head looking at the inset hood and pushed out grilles . . .

Ok cool. its just that the value seems to go up daily on this detroit metal. Still a super sweet ride man...

When I was a much younger feller, one of mentors worked directly with William Hurst, we were into cutting tools. Needless to say my boss idolized the gentleman. I also remember like 3 or 4 442's floating around high school during my senior year, ahh those were the days

Your car is absolutely gorgeous!! Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown, my stock 80 inch evo made 125hp @ 5700rpm, with an andrews EV-SC cam, and a screamin eagle ignition, with the supercharger of course. People that haven't ridden in a supercharged car, won't get it. Stomp the loud pedal, and you will swallow your gum!

That town must shake when the CE Auto Electric Supply Five are out in force. Love the "note" of your 454ci. :thumbsup:

Funny, there are actually five of us that routinely cruise together ... how did you know that?

Funny, there are actually five of us that routinely cruise together ... how did you know that?

Y'know how one Utoob vid leads to another(ssssssssssss)? Yah, the series of five vids showin' y'all tearin' up the streets are posted up. Watched all of 'em but gotta say the one you posted of your 12psi tear takes the prize. The Olds' engine is much stronger (sounding) than the Camaro and all of the blowers less "wheezy" than what's runnin' atop the 5.0 Mustang. My favorite part(s) of the five vids:

1. pullin' from the lot @ vid #1, the "slow" car is the red (unblown) Trans Am (year?)
2. y'all lads blowing by a U-Haul depot

Great stuff, keep shootin' and postin' more if you've time and/or inclination to do so.

heh, following your vids lead me to this wicked '63 MOPAR (Valiant) a 30-year project.

Enjoy!

LINK:

Gotcha. That's a different bunch of guys in those videos. I do still see some of them on occasion, but not too often. The orange '69 Camaro went to Canada and the new owner removed the roll cage and engine and has restored it to original.

My friend John`s Dart II, naturally-aspirated stroker big block....LOTS of compression, big-ass KA-CHUNK KA-CHUNK cam....

The guy next door bought a new Dart. I walked over to check it out, I said, what happen? ...and walked away, lol! He's to young to remember the '60s and early '70s.

Since we are bench racing I'll play....my '67 Nova at the track. It had a flat tappet 433 big block in this picture but it has 489 inch roller motor now and is at least half a second faster in the quarter.

In drag racing reaction times are critical. In bracket racing, where the tree comes down staggered depending on your "dial in", if you don't cross the beam within 2 hundredths of a second you are most likely loading you trailer next. Try hitting the "pause" on the above video as soon as the green light comes on, then look how far the car has moved.

In drag racing reaction times are critical. In bracket racing, where the tree comes down staggered depending on your "dial in", if you don't cross the beam within 2 hundredths of a second you are most likely loading you trailer next. Try hitting the "pause" on the above video as soon as the green light comes on, then look how far the car has moved.

Leaving on the last yellow can be risky, but will also get you the best time....

Back
Top Bottom