My Budget(?) McIntosh System

Just put it on your credit card and then pay 35 dollars a month on your minimum payment until your dead. Me, I work hard have ZERO debt,no kids, no wife and can afford a decent condo, nice stereo, two vacations a year to Tokyo and drive a 2015 corvette. Priorities my friends.

Why do I picture a guy singing Me, Me...me, ME, MEEEE! Hold that note....!

BUT the magnepans do lack a ton of bass compared to the fortes and do need to be run loud to really come alive.

While I like speakers that work really good at wide frequencies and all volumes it might not always be the case. I bought a pair of IMF RSPM Mk. IV speakers that sounded very good and the detail was great but it took more volume to get the bass kicking out of them. So at night and keeping the volume down they where lacking. They are also the only speakers I have that don't gain more bass with a high power amp at all volume levels. Pretty sure it's all related to the transmission line design and the need for buildup of sound in the cabinet to get the low frequencies.

When I added a power sub it really made the sound quality excel with these speakers. You can always get a cheap sub at the goodwill to try out and fill the low end in and then see how you like that. If your happy with mid and high detail this would be a cheap way to go for testing and might end up being a keeper speaker system.

Back
Top Bottom