My Dirty Secret

I just leave the allens on the plinth of my VPI as it seems I am regularly adjusting something. That way I never lose them and they are always at the ready. Also gives the table that "just tweaked for optimum listening" look :).

jblnut

I just leave the allens on the plinth of my VPI as it seems I am regularly adjusting something. That way I never lose them and they are always at the ready. Also gives the table that "just tweaked for optimum listening" look :).

jblnut

I did the same until I noticed the sound becoming "bent" and "hexagonal" :)

Allen wrenches, box wrenches, drill bits, they can get lost or broken over time. Buying singles can get expensive quick, if you need two or three of them it's often cheaper to buy another complete set.

I keep the odd ones in the toolbox.

bs

Ok, you people do not get to borrow my tools. Especially not my Allen wrenches.

Sheesh. PUT YOUR TOOLS BACK WHERE YOU GOT THEM WHEN YOU'RE DONE AND DON'T LEAVE THEM OUT!!!11!1!

Then you won't lose them.

Dave,

I’m glad that we have organized people in the world such as yourself!

I’m still trying to find the charger for my drill.

Me. Pig,

I would keep all of them, they don’t take up much space.

Ok, you people do not get to borrow my tools. Especially not my Allen wrenches.

Sheesh. PUT YOUR TOOLS BACK WHERE YOU GOT THEM WHEN YOU'RE DONE AND DON'T LEAVE THEM OUT!!!11!1!

Then you won't lose them.

But, Dave..."where I got them" was under the bed, the medicine cabinet, the garage floor, and sitting in a rusty spot on the fender of a utility trailer.

I have a whole little bin of allen wrenches, and I've never failed to find one that fits. On the other hand, I just found my plumb bob (missing 7 or 8 years). And I know exactly where my missing sockets are - at our last house, there was about an inch-and-a-half gap between the driveway concrete and the garage floor. And yes, both driveway and garage floor sloped right toward it ...

I have a whole little bin of allen wrenches, and I've never failed to find one that fits. On the other hand, I just found my plumb bob (missing 7 or 8 years). And I know exactly where my missing sockets are - at our last house, there was about an inch-and-a-half gap between the driveway concrete and the garage floor. And yes, both driveway and garage floor sloped right toward it ...

Yep, gravity is a problem, then again, I'm happy it exists.

Back
Top Bottom