My dream car......what's yours?

Doesn't exist yet. I would be like the Tesla Model X in capability, but would have normal doors, and the possibility for Solar recharging. And, along with that, an electrically powered truck with great range, that has the towing capacity and hauling capability of a 250/2500 level truck. Solar topping off of the batteries in camp would be nice on that too. I don't think those vehicles exist yet. So until then, I will drive my 2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI that I converted to manual, and my 2010 Dodge diesel pickup. And ride my bike a lot to work to offset carbon.

291384745439-2_1024.jpg

1932-ford-3-window-coupe-fiberglass-331-hemi-hotrod-streetrod-old-school-custom-2.jpg

01-sroy-winner-1932-ford-five-window-coupe-highboy-norwell-.jpg

e50a35c8a131ee19f5faa2a172af3311.jpg

741529.jpg

The Countach LP400S. It's the only car that I've seen that looks like it's going 150mph, parked.

The Cannonball Run imprinted it on me.

1985-Lamborghini-Countach-Black-5000-QV-st.jpg

Not a Porsche fan, so if I had my choice, I would take the one on the left.
Drive both and you might think differently. Which is why Car & Driver has chosen it as one of the 10 Best so frequently. The S is well balanced and fun to drive, but...

The Boxster is about the same weight as the S, but roomier, quieter and with better ride. Along with 1.0 G cornering, no-drama-at-the-limit mid-engine handling balance, superior acceleration (has launch control, too) and incredible brakes. Steering feel is nigh perfect. Dual clutch tranny gives the flat six a nice bark on quick shifts.

Drive both and you might think differently.
I just like the looks and the rarity of the S2000, the novelty of having a convertible for the occasional weekend drives, and the option of driving it in a couple of nearby cruises. The performance (other than running and handling well enough for everyday driving) means nothing to me anymore.

Then again, I couldn't have either one, living near that cesspool called Detroit. It would be either vandalized or smashed into, or the crap roads would beat them to a pulp. We've had one of our '09s run into three times since October 2017, with the last one being at an upscale mall while it was parked, hit and run. I once had a brand new car keyed a week and a half after I bought it. Can't own anything nice here. Too many in this area hate people like us having nice things.

Not the dream car, but lately I'm obsessed with the Fiesta ST. I test drove one a couple of years ago and loved how quick it feels and the manual transmission.

I like the smallness of this car and the exterior design, but the interior is blah and below the standards of cars I admire.

But I never pulled the trigger and see new ones still for sale and used ones at low prices.

Ford is ending the Fiesta so the thought of it being out of production has me even more tempted to buy one.

Cheers,

Snade

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 12.30.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Then again, I couldn't have either one, living near that cesspool called Detroit. It would be either vandalized or smashed into, or the crap roads would beat them to a pulp. We've had one of our '09s run into three times since October 2017, with the last one being at an upscale mall while it was parked, hit and run. I once had a brand new car keyed a week and a half after I bought it. Can't own anything nice here. Too many in this area hate people like us having nice things.

I've given up on owning anything nice as a driver around here. I could put tags on the race car but it's useless to try to enjoy driving around town. Weekend car shows and cruise-ins just aren't appealing to me. Going to the track and watching cars being put to use is so much more fun.

I just like the looks and the rarity of the S2000, the novelty of having a convertible for the occasional weekend drives, and the option of driving it in a couple of nearby cruises.
The Boxster is both rare (4632 of model year 2013 were sold in US vs 9682 for 2001 S2000) and a convertible. And you can lower/raise the top while it is driving under 30 mph! No latches to release - just hold the button.

I love the S, but the Boxster is simply fabulous.

Back
Top Bottom