My dream car......what's yours?

index.php

I want to take a leisurely tour of the USA in one of these. Either color will do.

index.php

The other color. Must have the optional honeycomb wheels, they match the one year only honeycomb grill. Also must be 455HO with auto and air.
I had a '72 plain jane bird that I was building,had dropped in a healthy 455 too,anyhow yeah that's the rarest year due to the strike.
Mine was a leap day car to boot,that sorta freaked me out when I decoded the data plate,LOL.

My friend fromTx. has a lucern blue '70 1/2 T/A,super sweet car,a legit 10 sec street car,been featured in a couple of mags too.
The second gens are nice cars that's for sure,so long as one is comfortable in them.

I say that as I was way more comfortable in my '72 WW5 455 H-O GTO than I would've been in the 'bird I was building.
But the 'bird was just gonna be a weekend toy,so I was'nt gonna sweat it much.
Though I dunno if I would've wanted to drive the 'bird cross-country ???

Anyhow I digress...

My dream car ??? Hmmm,,,lemme think a sec,,,it's soooo hard to pick just one...

Probably a nicely built '61 Ventura (or a Catalina) bubbletop.
I had a really nice project bubbletop years ago,and that's the ONLY car I regret letting go of.
Saw this '61 Catalina bubbletop vvvv @ a car show in Kenosha last year and I was just JONESING...
index.php

index.php

In ^^^^ that ^^^^ moment I truly envied the gent that owned this car,and I rarely ever envy anyone else.
So yeah this would be my dream car,would'nt have to be black either,I could live with most any color they came in.

FWIW

Bret P.

Last edited:
I had a '72 plain jane bird that I was building,had dropped in a healthy 455 too,anyhow yeah that's the rarest year due to the strike.
Mine was a leap day car to boot,that sorta freaked me out when I decoded the data plate,LOL.

My friend fromTx. has a lucern blue '70 1/2 T/A,super sweet car,a legit 10 sec street car,been featured in a couple of mags too.
The second gens are nice cars that's for sure,so long as one is comfortable in them.

I say that as I was way more comfortable in my '72 WW5 455 H-O GTO than I would've been in the 'bird I was building.

Anyhow I digress...

My dream car ??? Hmmm,,,lemme think a sec,,,it's soooo hard to pick just one...

Probably a nicely built '61 Ventura (or a Catalina) bubbletop.
I had a really nice project bubbletop years ago,and that's the ONLY car I regret letting go of.
Saw this '61 Catalina bubbletop vvvv @ a car show in Kenosha last year and I was just JONESING...
index.php

index.php

In ^^^^ that ^^^^ moment I truly envied the gent that owned this car,and I rarely ever envy anyone else.
So yeah this would be my dream car,would'nt have to be black either,I could live with most any color they came in.

FWIW

Bret P.
I love those cars. My Dad had a 61 Pontiac Pariessiene (sp? Canadian Pontiac) convertible when I was a little kid and it was beautiful. Red with a white power top, I cried when he traded it in for a 63 Ford step side P/U.

Anyhow I digress...

Bret P.

I enjoy car wrecks in the movies and TV but I winced in McQ (1973) when two semis crushed a '73 Trans Am and in an episode of CHiP's when Baker rescued Ponch by destroying a Formula with T/A intake.

I enjoy car wrecks in the movies and TV but I winced in McQ (1973) when two semis crushed a '73 Trans Am and in an episode of CHiP's when Baker rescued Ponch by destroying a Formula with T/A intake.

How about the opening scene of the original "The Italian Job" where they total a Lamborghini Miura?

Might be just a shell, not the real car, but back then it wasn't the collectable it is now so maybe..........

It would be a mid 60s VW bug. It would look like shit dented and rusty but all the mechanics and electrical would be in perfect condition and totally reliable. That way I could park it anywhere, leave the windows down and unlocked and not have to worry about it getting stolen.

Something like this.
View attachment 1370342

Sorry I went the opposite route with the paint job, my dad bought this 69 brand new and after almost 50 years of memories I felt it deserved it

1773484.jpg

1959 gal 500 stationwagon.Second would be telsa p100d with Ludacris mode.
cec4583eeaa2060f8786bf0ec9d65a09--ford-lincoln-mercury-auto-ford.jpg
I had a 1959 Ford Custom "Police Interceptor" back in the early 1970's. 352, C6, Holley 750 2 bbl, dual exhaust, with mods done by Texas State Police. 13mpg.

How about the opening scene of the original "The Italian Job" where they total a Lamborghini Miura?

Might be just a shell, not the real car, but back then it wasn't the collectable it is now so maybe..........
Also an Aston and a pair of E-types?

Difficult choices, and whither garage / weekend pet, road car, or daily driver. All three in one?

Back
Top Bottom