My first hifi

BamaBilly

Motorcycles and Music
I got into home audio maybe 6 months ago and have been obsessed. I’ve tried a couple different speakers and turntables but this is my current setup. Pioneer SX737, Sansui SR-636 and Klipsch Heresy’s that I just made grills for. I’m totally in love with the sound. I have a Marantz 2252b getting fixed up now and will soon replace the Pioneer.
upload_2019-1-19_9-45-23.jpeg

I had Klipsch Heresys for years in my main system. I enjoyed them very much.
Like I said, I’m new to vintage hifi so I’m not even certain I know what good sounds like. I have tried a few sets of speakers and the Heresy’s were an easy choice between some 501’s I already had and a pair of Advent 6003’s I bought (and actually like quite a bit).

@BamaBilly
Great start to a life-long addiction Billy. And all the way along, thru every upgrade, the system will always sound great.
You really can't believe it could sound much better, then you try or buy something, and you find yourself re-listening to your CDs and LPs, cuz yer hearing things in the music that you've never heard before. Endless fun.
Good luck.

Dave

@BamaBilly
Great start to a life-long addiction Billy. And all the way along, thru every upgrade, the system will always sound great.
You really can't believe it could sound much better, then you try or buy something, and you find yourself re-listening to your CDs and LPs, cuz yer hearing things in the music that you've never heard before. Endless fun.
Good luck.

Dave
That describes perfectly what I’m still experiencing even after 6 months. I told a buddybthe other day that it’s like hearing everything for the first time. It’s a beautiful thing

Back
Top Bottom