My first "real" stereo!

Thanks for the all nice compliments :banana:

I constructed a pair of stands the other day, never done it before. It was fun. They weight 35 lbs each.

I think they're about the same height as the original stands.

2014_05_13_17_17_08.jpg

This improved my sound.

I'm going to build some nice wooden cases for the amps later.

Nice, what did you make the stands out of? They look very legit.

The bottom part is made of 1,5cm MDF board filled with sand and the top is just regular solid Wood. I decorated them with fake plastic wood that would match my other stuff.

Update, got rid of the most stuff. Sold all the Marantz stuff because of "too many buttons".
2015_10_16_11_49_10.jpg

Still got the Sony SS-G5, but i've changed the fabric on the grills.

2015_10_16_11_49_20.jpg

Got the huge JVC XL-1100 as new CD-player and the small Pioneer sx 434 reciever as substitute for my Denon PMA 700V.

You're 22 , have a great set up and listen to rock/prog? You're a man after my own heart. I'm 64 and I listen to some Jedi Mind Tricks and PM Dawn. It doesn't matter what generation you are, there is good music to hear from both the past and present. Keep up the good work and welcome to AK.

Welcome to AK! Those are beautiful homemade speaker stands plus you got the
personal satisfaction for building them.

Nice gear, nice girl, good music. At 22? Nice start.

I'm 51 sitting here with my gorgeous wife of 28 years, listening to jazz on a Marantz 1180DC through JBL L112s.

I can highly recommend the path you are on.

BTW my father in law has a 170. Great amp. I would love one some day.

wow nice stuff btw 1st rule ; do not sale only buy and try. 2nd rule ; sale if and only when your life depends on it . no 3rd rule or 4th :D welcome

Back
Top Bottom