My free Kenwood stuff

M.G.

Just went out to see someone I only know from Facebook and Twitter who was moving. They gave me a Kenwood DPR-5750 CD-player and a Kenwood KRA-5040 amp, which my husband tells me is basically the same setup we had in Australia. I find that quite funny, actually.
We are moving next week and I have no speakers anyway, so I just left them boxed up and won't set them up till after we move, but I thought it was an okay score for free. Any thoughts?
I also have my 1950's era "project" RCA record player/radio to pickup on the way to the move. My husband is getting worried. I will post pics of both next week.
Good thing my husband's hobby is electronics, eh?

I'm not familiar with the Kenny's you just got, but, heck, you cannot go wrong with free :)

I have an old Kenwood integrated amp and love the sound of it. I ended up donating it to the little museum so they have music in the log cabin. I'm sure you will enjoy your Kenwood gear when you get a chance to hear it. Good luck on your move. Are you staying in Oregon or moving back to Oz?

Greetings to ya!

Yea, free is always good even if you do not like the stuff you can give it away.

I got some pieces from the Kenwood "Spectrum" lineup when a husband of my girlfriend's friend died. He was trimming trees & touched a power line.

So sad, but I decided to use the KA-995 integrated amplifier & KT-595 tuner since my Sherwood is down. They are not bpc & are pretty heavy.

Enjoy what you have...

Rome

Welcome here M.G., feel free to let us see how the stuff looks in your new living room after it's set up and good luck on the move. :)

The KA-5040 was a pretty decent stereo receiver. Nothing esoteric, but a good solid amplifier.

Not sure about the CD player, haven't heard of that model.

Either way, free is hard to beat!

Thanks, all. Yeah, we will get everything set up over the weekend. I am going to see if I can find some speakers on Wed when I have the day off. I think there are actually a few sets at my dad's in his shop. Who knows what I might find?
Will post pictures early next week probably.

Back
Top Bottom