My Intro

I can mail you a Sharpie!

Lol, I'll figure out something!

I could get them to sign the tourbook I'm going to buy (I already have a tour shirt, and it's too dark or a color to sign) or bring a cd (or record) cover or booklet they could sign as well.

The problem is that even though I wish I could, I can't just be buying merchandise and having them sign it for others (I've got a couple of friends who aren't going that want me to get autographs too). That would just cost too much (that stuff is expensive!), and if I handed like 5 things to Alex and Ged to sign I'm sure that'd be rude and I wouldn't want to do it, and they might even just sign a one item and be like "that's it", which I would respect.

But, again, even if I get backstage, it would be another big if that I'd even get to meet them anyway. So...

Undoubtedly. Besides, it doesn't mean as much if I don't get it myself. All in good fun! :D Hope you enjoy the show. We do want to hear some reviews afterwards though.

Undoubtedly. Besides, it doesn't mean as much if I don't get it myself. All in good fun! :D Hope you enjoy the show. We do want to hear some reviews afterwards though.

Hehe, I thought you were a little more serious than that! :D

Believe me, if I get back there I'll try to grab some concert promotional stuff like flyers or posters or glossies or whatever and see if I can get them to sign those (or maybe those are already pre-signed). I could easily send those via mail! :thmbsp:

Either way I'll have a review and expect a good/great show at least, even though I really dislike the open air venues for a band like Rush. :sigh:

Hi everybody.

I can't remember what brought me to AK but I think it was a friend of mine that sent me the link. I bookmarked it then when about my business before finally checking it out and signing up a while later.

Music in one form or another played a huge part in who I was as a kid. I had the good fortune of having an older sister (by 13 years) who was heavy into The Beatles, playing piano etc. My first exposure to music at the time was The Beatles and I can remember as a 7 year old (born in 1963) cranking her Beatles LP's downstairs on our TV/TT combo with my buddy and playing them over and over and over. My sister passed away in 2003 from cancer and I got all those albums that she had kept for all the years in between. I really cherish those records and the memories they bring me of her. Thanks for getting me into good tunes and teaching me the piano Sis! :thmbsp:

I got older and and as a teen played the bass in a few local bands doing Beatles and Monkeys tunes and had quite the little following of fans and groupies. We had dreams of the bigtime but of course that never happened :scratch2:

I got older still (I've only gotten older and haven't bothered to grow up) and worked in the pulp and paper industry until my heavy boozing etc got the better of me. Got sober in 1988, completed an Honors Degree in Social Work in 1992 and worked in human services until I became ill in 2005 and have had to "retire" so to speak.

Along the way I got married and divorced, dated a few freaks and finally met and married "the one" in 2003. Unlike my previous marriage "the one" loves the same music as I do, likes the gear I bring home and couldn't care less that our house is full of beautiful vintage stereo gear. Like she says, "I don't care what you do with all that gear as long as the music sounds good and it always does so no worries." For that and countless other reasons I'm completely head over heels about my wife :)

Ok, enough rambling. I really appreciate AK and everything that all you fine members bring to my life through this audio forum. Despite life's hardships I'm truly fortunate to have so much good in my life and AK is certainly one of them.

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Mike,

It took me 15 years (in August) to reply to this post, but here it is: Welcome to AK, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom