My living room system

soporose

J4TLe81.jpg

• Thiel CS 2.4SE, SignalCable speaker cables with rhodium spades
  • Custom fanless Atom computer running Debian Linux + MusicPD and a FLAC library
  • Bel Canto REFLink USB converter, USB input
  • Klark Teknik DN9340E Parametric EQ, AES input
  • Bel Canto DAC 2.5, AES input
  • 2x Bel Canto REF500M, balanced XLR input via XLO cables
PrI3xzf.jpg

Signal chain is computer to REFLink via USB, REFLink to DN9340E over AES, DN9340E to DAC 2.5 over AES, DAC 2.5 to REF500M's over balanced XLR. I had a friend come over with his measurement mic and software so that we could add a couple small PEQ tweaks to account for room issues.

I added an IR receiver to the computer and setup the Bel Canto remote to be able to play/pause/skip/fast-forward. Volume up/down are handled by the DAC 2.5, with out having to change any modes on the remote.

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, I been looking for a DAC to complement my system but don't know with one. I like the Bel Canto but is out of my price range. What do you recommend for under 500? Thanks

Forgot to mention, I been looking for a DAC to complement my system but don't know with one. I like the Bel Canto but is out of my price range. What do you recommend for under 500? Thanks

I'm looking at either a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic Plus, an Emotiva XDA-2, or possibly an Emotiva Stealth DC-1 for the little office system I'm building. They can all be had used for right around the $300 range.

Damn, I just realized that I created this account in the spring of 2005. I remember creating it so that I could get in touch with a member that could repair Marantz equipment. He wasn't taking on new customers at the time, and I was just graduating from college / moving, so I forgot about it. Wow.

Back
Top Bottom