My Marantz 2230 Rebuild Thread

Hey guys, I just bought this semi operational beauty on CL for a fair price on CL and I want to do a complete and full restore instead of a repair job. Like most of you I believe these older Marantz's are functional works of art and I want nothing but the best. I would like to use IRebuildMarantz.com for the ease of it but from the looks of some posts I would have to wait months. However, others have had great experience with it... He (Randy?) is showing a backlog on his restoration que that has folks from 2012!! I need some honest feedback about his service. I wrote him an email and if it takes a long time for him to return then I may have my answer right there. But everyone on this site has been really cool so I'm putting the question out there? go it alone which I am totally capable of or go with the ease of one stop shop to save time so I can hunt down more gear to make my Girlfriend scratch her head and say "Are you going to do anything with these?"

IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0868.JPG

If you're capable of doing it, get a rebuild kit from Randy and do it. I've used a couple of his kits and they were very complete with high quality parts. He sends some instructions for the tricky parts, and you can get more info from the many AK threads. I also found Randy to be available and helpful when I had questions. I love, love, love the 2230. As for getting someone to restore it for you, there are several quality techs here on AK. I think you will find the good ones have a que, so patience is required. Good luck!

Dem little buggers is everywhere!.... I have a couple dead "Green chickletts" that are causing problems now. I thought they were indestructible... well kind of.

P800 (power supply) Elna caps in! The board is a mess... lots of degradation. Extra holes from my predecessor and ... yes.. duct tape was used for the main in/out
bridge.IMG_0979.JPG Oh Shit.JPG Duct Tape.JPG

750 (R) board almost done. However a little suspicious of some leakage from the NEC C959 KA3Z (heat sync'ed) Any ideas on replacements?

IMG_1039.JPG IMG_1038.JPG

Back
Top Bottom