My MCS Receiver mountain

With your MCS knowledge I had you figured for a roomful lol!
I have 3 of your 6 plus a 6700 TT. I recently moved on a 3323, 3230, and a pair of their linear phase speakers thinking I just had TOO much.
My 3253 is disassembled with a tuner issue I can't figure out. A 3275 would complete my trifecta of NEC built big boys of that era.

That stack sure looks purty!

What is the receiver directly under the turntable? Very european looking, in a Tanberg/B&O
Vibe. Never seen one before...

Oh, sorry about that. I'm pretty sure that top piece is a mid-late 80's integrated amp or receiver made by NEC for MCS. Big, big power if I recall correctly.

The one on top is a 3285. Used to own a 3253. Currently still have an 3865 integrated and some decent NEC gear. I'll have to post a pic sometime. If JC Penney's sold that now they would still be out of business :)

Nice stack!

Thx for the 3285 info! I’ve never seen one before, and I really like the looks of it,
definitely a unique looking piece, and 85 W/ch as well!

I also like the look. It looks like it belongs in a laboratory or a research lab of some sort. I know your an MCS collector so if you ever decide to sale........ I would be interested

I always like the 3285 looks - think about that first digital era of receivers - so much black plastic crap - the 3285 really stands out as a great design. And yes, reminds me of Tandberg and maybe even B&O - high praise indeed!

Awesome stack! I'm a big fan of any an all MCS gear. As of right now I've got a few of their recievers including the 3260 which really impressed me. I just recently acquired a very slick integrated amp, tuner, and cassette deck that I'll be digging into as well. New blue LEDs , belts an a good cleaning it going to be a nice rig. One of these days I hope to get one of their upper tier turntables. The wood simulated plinth models are really sharp! With the build quality to boot!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 38
I have a 3285 as well. A rarity indeed. Great sounding unit. Mine was not cared for so well, and the plastic tabs behind the power and FM buttons have snapped. If only I could find a junked one with a good faceplate .

Back
Top Bottom