My Modest Setup

CLB3

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Below are a few pics of my recently finished listening space (our living room. Yes, I have a great wife!). The room got fresh paint, new bamboo floors, and a new rug. The system is comprised of an Outlaw Audio RR2150 receiver, B&O Beogram RX TT, Tascam CD-RW900MKII CD player/recorder, Lenovo Z50 laptop, Klipsch Heresey III speakers, and an Outlaw Audio Ultra X12 subwoofer. The stand is a vintage B&O unit in solid rosewood that I found on CL. The interconnects are KabelDirekt. The computer is connected via an Audioquest Forest USB cable and a Jitterbug. The speaker wires are Monoprice 12 AWG with banana plugs. The subwoofer is sitting on an Auralex SubDude HT mat and the speakers on Auralex monitor pads. The receiver sits on vibrapods. And, all power to the system runs through a Monster surge protector/power conditioner.

I am very pleased with this setup. The synergy of the system is outstanding and the space has become my favorite place in the house. I am looking forward to many years of enjoyment in this room!

image_zpsdngb6gdn.jpeg

image_zps4xp2dlif.jpeg

image_zpsdqaapq2x.jpeg

Great room and system! And yes congrats on an understanding wife. They ARE a treasure!
Thank you! And, yes, I am very fortunate in the wife department! 30 years of marriage and she still puts up with me. Of course, she did get a remodeled dining room out of this deal!

Great system. It's a shame that beautiful Outlaw receiver has to sit on the floor. I bet those Hersey III's sound great with that sub. I can't even imagine how loud that system can get if needed.

Enjoy !!!

That looks like a great place for the two of you sit and while away the day listening to wonderful tunes.

My Partner only lives here part time and kinda gets life these days surrounded by audio 'crap" (her word) but she would rarely just sit and listen with me, does your partner get it and enjoy it with you?

Just curious.

Rob :)

Great system. It's a shame that beautiful Outlaw receiver has to sit on the floor. I bet those Hersey III's sound great with that sub. I can't even imagine how loud that system can get if needed.

Enjoy !!!
Thanks. The receiver is a bit too deep to fit in the stand. I briefly thought about altering the stand, but it is in such good shape that I could not bring myself to do it.

That looks like a great place for the two of you sit and while away the day listening to wonderful tunes.

My Partner only lives here part time and kinda gets life these days surrounded by audio 'crap" (her word) but she would rarely just sit and listen with me, does your partner get it and enjoy it with you?

Just curious.

Rob :)
She does not sit and listen with me often. She prefers "background" music from the other room. :rflmao:

She does not sit and listen with me often. She prefers "background" music from the other room. :rflmao:

Word for word same here - you have no idea how many dress shops, shoe stores and display homes I have been dragged kicking and screaming into but if I mention hifi shopping.........:whip:

Word for word same here - you have no idea how many dress shops, shoe stores and display homes I have been dragged kicking and screaming into but if I mention hifi shopping.........:whip:
That is too funny. My wife is pretty laid back. She has her hobbies and I have mine. Sometimes they overlap, but usually not. In any event, it has worked for 30+ years, so we won't monkey with it!

Back
Top Bottom