My new to me VAC Musicbloc 160's

:biggrin:Are tube mono blocks the best you can get? Epic set up and we’re did you get that console rack?
Wich Speakers are those ? Love the green light too !!!!

:biggrin:Are tube mono blocks the best you can get? Epic set up and we’re did you get that console rack?
Wich Speakers are those ? Love the green light too !!!!
Thanks - I'm not sure if they are best you can get, but I really love these amps. The rack is just a Salamander Archetype rack with a couple extra shelves. Speakers are KEF R700's

Very nice. I had VAC PA 160 MkII mono blocs, predecessors to your amps. Two 6sn7's and then four output tubes per side. I ran them with NOS JAN 6sn7s and GE 6CA7's of which I had three full stereo sets. As you can see, tube rollers delight. I ran them driving the stat panels on Martin Logan Monolith IIIx with a Bryston 4b on the woofers. Later on full range on Sonus Faber Cremona floorstanders. Sold them as I downsized my system size a bit.

DSCN8358.JPG

Very nice. I had VAC PA 160 MkII mono blocs, predecessors to your amps....

Hey Folks, does anyone know what changes were made between the VAC PA160-MkII and the "Standard Multibloc" 160? Obviously the Tranny cover was made as a stamped steel component rather than what looks like cast covers. I believe they did away with the switchable Triode/UL/Pentode capability. It sounds like they redesigned and dedicated the circuit to Triode...

"Like the premium Phi 300, the Musicbloc 160 features a new direct coupled input & driver circuit that results in the fastest, fullest, most detailed sound that we have ever achieved. The groundbreaking Phi 300 pioneered the unique direct-coupled Class A triode input and driver circuitry that allowed VAC to get closer to the sound of the recording studio or concert hall than ever before."

I had read that the Mk-II Chassis was an upgrade in stiffness over the Mk-I, but maybe even that needed more to be done? Anyone know what other changes were implemented, besides "better components"? Was the Multibloc a "cost reduction" exercise or truly an evolutionary improvement? I haven't been able to find any reviews of the Multibloc to compare it to the original PA160's. Thoughts?

200604_063c-638x610.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom