My New Toy

Love the progress so far! I missed out on a 69 Z-28 with a very stout 383 Stroker/TH400/Ford 9". Was told that the car ran 10.5 with a set of slicks, open headers, and an out-of-the-box Holley carb. They claimed that the car had a bit more in it with some tuning.

Its been a while but we finally got the Camaro up and running and to the strip. I tore all the old wiring out and started fresh with an ARC control panel and wiring harness.
Last weekend was the first outing did a bunch of testing on Saturday and then races on Sunday with the Ontario Nostalgia Drag Racing group.
I did get runner up in my class, got some money and a nice wall plaque.
Got the car running 12.15 @ 111 mph not too bad for a pump gas 355
Now it's time to work on the suspension. I have 14 X 32 Mickey Thompsons coming to replace the gargantuan 18 1/2 X 33 Street ET slicks and front coil springs to lower the front end.
There's more left in the motor and I'm pretty confident that we can run in the 11's

Burnout 2.jpg IMG_4234b.jpg Tech Lanes.jpg

Here's a vid my daughter took of one of my runs

4.56 gears shifting at 6000 goes through the traps at 5500. Tires are way too big if you listen closely you hear the motor bog down when I take off.

I think so too I brought them home today hopefully get them mounted this weekend along with the new front springs installed

will do I just was trying to get one of the rear slicks off the rim and I have come to the conclusion this job is best left to the professionals......

I did take the tires to a tire shop to be taken off but today I got the new slicks mounted on the rims and on the car.
If it rains tomorrow we will be installing the new Moroso Trick front springs to get the front of the car lower.

IMG_4259.JPG

A friend came over today and we got the new Moroso front springs installed. Dropped the car in the front end about 1" and Moroso says the springs will settle a bit too.
Next Saturday and Sunday are test and tune days at TMP so we'll go out and see how the car runs with the new slicks.
I know Dave wants to fool around with the timing too.
Hoping we can get an 11 second time slip !!!
It's really hard to tell in the pic, but the car passes the shoe test now (can't put the toe of a shoe between the tire and the fender) where we could do it before.

IMG_4262.JPG

Pulled the car out of the garage Sunday morning to go for some test and tune.
Ended up only getting 1 run but ran 12.08 @ 111mph.
New slicks bite good and the suspension is starting to work now.
I am going to cut a half coil more out of the front springs and lower the rear of the car 3/4 " and see how that works.
Not going to do that for a few weeks though.
It's starting to work better now one step at a time.
The race pic is taken off a video that my buddy took. It's on my Facebook page I'll try to get a link on here.New Look.jpg Wheelie.jpg

Back
Top Bottom