My system is starting to take shape!

davestradamu

Swimming in Sound
Its been a while since I posted! After more than 2 years with my in-laws after the birth of our daughter, we will be moving in to our new house soon! It's been almost 2 years since I had a system, so I jumped at the chance to assemble things to "check if they still worked" at the office! Can't wait till I can break out my TT when moved in!

Source:
Maverick Audio DAC (Spotify typically)

Preamp:
Proton D40 Integrated Amplifier

Amplifier:
Adcom GFA-555

Speakers:
Yamaha NS-200M

I am really loving the way it sounds!

IMG_1958.JPG IMG_1961.JPG IMG_1962.JPG

Thanks! They are custom stands. Their previous owner built them from 3/4" oak with spikes underneath and they are filled with gravel. I am almost certain he is a member here. Very nice guy.

great system.. if feasible though get that table from outside the speakers!!

that table is directly degrading your stereo imaging and instrument separation. It should be a revelation in the sound to clear out the space between the yammys

great system.. if feasible though get that table from outside the speakers!!

that table is directly degrading your stereo imaging and instrument separation. It should be a revelation in the sound to clear out the space between the yammys

Totally. I have to get rid of the entire system Monday morning. This is my conference table! Work must go on....

I will have a proper layout in a month or so. Damn it feels good to be back!

Nice setup!!! Just be careful with that Adcom amp--they have NO speaker protection and are getting older--might be a good time to take it in for some "preventative maintenance".

Back
Top Bottom