My System

Ricochet1979

I am far, far, far from an audiophile but I enjoy my music. I have a Pioneer PL7 turntable (with a Shure M97EJ cartridge), Onkyo 8020 receiver, and Polk T50 speakers. I use this for listening to records only, nothing else. I am happy with it, I play it loud enough to enjoy but not so much that my neighbors hear it, too.

Attachments

• 08590C33-41DD-455C-995D-C37B154E1863.jpeg
    08590C33-41DD-455C-995D-C37B154E1863.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 144
I should add I have the speakers placed differently, I just snapped this picture after having to move it due to some remodeling/rearranging happening in the house.

I am far, far, far from an audiophile but I enjoy my music. I have a Pioneer PL7 turntable (with a Shure M97EJ cartridge), Onkyo 8020 receiver, and Polk T50 speakers. I use this for listening to records only, nothing else. I am happy with it, I play it loud enough to enjoy but not so much that my neighbors hear it, too.
You don’t need to be an audiophile to have a great system (I prefer audio enthusiast). The main thing is that you’re happy :). Polk is a great brand. Thank you for sharing!

where did you get the record storage, pretty slick!

My wife found it online at Walmart. I went to the store, looked at one similar to what we ended up buying, and saw that it was actually a very nice quality - and easy to assemble! I’ll see if I can find the link to the item!

No need to be an "audiophile" to appreciate good sound quality. After 43 years in this hobby and several set ups (now down to 3) I never concidered myself an audiophile, enthusiast yes. Everyone has their own level of interest, appreciation and financial limits in this hobby. Your level my not be mine and vise versa but you and I share a common interest in quality sound reproduction as I want to believe most all of us here do.

Thank you everyone! I shared this system one time on another forum and received nothing but criticism. I appreciate all the kind words and people here at AK!

I've learned a great deal in my journey of this hobby starting when I picked up the Sept. 1973 edition of high fidelity magazine and thought how "cool" all that equipment looked. Learned much more since joining this group, other forums have come and gone for me but I'm still here and learn something new everyday. I invite you to enjoy your stay here, ask questions if you don't know either by posting in a thread or via personal conversation with a member. I believe most here are willing to lend a hand without "tude".

No need to be an "audiophile" to appreciate good sound quality. After 43 years in this hobby and several set ups (now down to 3) I never concidered myself an audiophile, enthusiast yes. Everyone has their own level of interest, appreciation and financial limits in this hobby. Your level my not be mine and vise versa but you and I share a common interest in quality sound reproduction as I want to believe most all of us here do.

I've learned a great deal in my journey of this hobby starting when I picked up the Sept. 1973 edition of high fidelity magazine and thought how "cool" all that equipment looked. Learned much more since joining this group, other forums have come and gone for me but I'm still here and learn something new everyday. I invite you to enjoy your stay here, ask questions if you don't know either by posting in a thread or via personal conversation with a member. I believe most here are willing to lend a hand without "tude".

I agree! I found this forum by a search due to a question I had in my turntable and the lack of “tude” in the answers I have read is what attracted me to joining.

Just noticed you had a PL-7. Those are great tables. My dad has had one since he bought it new. I've had 2.

I love it! The button for 7” records doesn’t work so when I play a 45 I have to manually set the needle but besides that it is fine. A kind soul gave it to me after he refurbished it when I was looking for a nice table last year. I had $300 in Amazon cards saved up from over the years I never used so I was able to buy the receiver and speakers, and spent $22 of my own money to fill out the rest, plus the $40 on postage for the table - not bad for $62 and some change out of pocket, uh?

Back
Top Bottom