My this year's Christmas charity auction - a handmade wooden radio!

harman/kardon

From the Fatherland
Subscriber
Welcome to my this year's Christmas charity auction! This time we got a nice little radio made by "magno". The radio has been handmade, the dark wood is jacaranda, the light one is pinewood. Even the knob on the antenna and the bar of the lid are made of wood. The size is ca. 18X8X12 cm.

007.JPG

This radio is made on Jawa. The serial number is 3826. I bought it a couple of years ago and it is in almost as new condition and of course working.

010.JPG

My camera did not capture the colour of the pine wood precisely, it is actually a bit less yellowish.

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

The radio comes in the original packaging - look: "Conny" in Hamburg tested this radio back then... Even some parts of the packaging are made of wood...

008.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The proceeds from this auction is for needy AK members, respectively VOA. Starting bid is ten American dollars. The auction ends on Sunday, December 16, at noon (12 am Eastern time). The winner has to transfer the money to

sales@audiokarma.org

As soon as AK received the money, I will send the radio to the winner, shipment will take place in box in box. I will pay the shipping costs to any location in the world.

And now - Happy bidding!

Christoph

Last edited:
Thank you for your bids, you people!

In order to make the auction even a bit more personal, I decided to ad this 25 cm record formerly owned by my beloved father. It means a lot to me to give this record away, not just because I am a Jazz aficionado, as you may guess.

The album is a "Sonderauflage für den deutschen Schallplattenclub" (Special edition for the German record club), the vinyl is pretty fine. Most likely from the late fifties or early sixties.

004.JPG

002.JPG

Last edited:
Chris, I bet that album sounds really nice! Those European Decca albums have a really good sound quality to them! Your so kind to give away an album that belongs to your dad. You have a big heart, my friend! :thumbsup:

Poor interest in my Christmas charity auction - as always... this will have consequences...

However:

Congratulations, Ernie! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom