My Van Alstine PAS

bhans

After many years I recently powered up my PAS preamp reworked by Mr. Van Alstine. Found some paperwork from when I ran into a problem with it early on (1992). Thought I'd share this with this group.

20151205_210624.jpg 20151205_210941.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a better photo of the description of the work done. Needless to say I am a very satisfied customer!20151205_212214.jpg

This really is an old first generation Super PAS built before we had designed our own circuit board set for it.

The complete current Super Pas Three construction manual is available from us free of charge. It has the parts list, schematics, board stuffing guides, detailed assembly drawings, and step by step rebuild instructions.

Just e-mail me at avahifi@comcast.net and I will be happy to e-mail you back this 30+ page manual as a .pdf file.

Regards.

Frank Van Alstine

Frank, is the manual free to anyone? I'd like to have a look and pair a old reworked PAS 3 with a Fet Valve Ex amp. Thanks.

Dan

Your PAS could be upgraded with the AVA board for the B+ and heater supply. It would replace the old quad cap and axial heater caps and diodes with modern parts. This PCB makes for a neater internal layout. You have the old selector switch which could be a problem, it is now very old. Your PC 5 and PC 6 look good to go provided the poly caps are still OK. A few more mods and you could go another 20 years. AVA has a jack kit too. This is one outstanding preamp. Has that fat tube sound with liquidity but oh my goodness! Deep low end and nice high end.

Back
Top Bottom