My Vintage System.

Volger

I have been buying and selling vintage gear for many years just because i think much of it is very good and im curious to listen for myself on the old top gear.

My System as it is right now:

Cd Transport: Krell MD-10R, i just bought this and im very happy with it.
Dac: Denon Da-S1, Very heavy and well built, weights around 20kg
Preamp: Denon Pra-6000, this thing is amazing, very quiet and superb build quality.
Poweramp: Sansui Au-X1 integrated used as an poweramp, or when i feel for it Kenwood L07MII or L08M.
Speakers: Acoustat Spectre 11L Electrostatic hybrids.

The cables i use are:

Purist Audio Proteus digital rca
Cardas Golden Reference rca
Kenwood Rca from 1979
Purist Audio Venustas Speaker cables.

and the question is, how does it sound?

ill try to describe the system as good as i can :)

the Krell Md-10R sounds very detailed and has a very tight bass, deep and tight.

Denon Da-S1 sounds very detailed and is very "quiet", its a little on the warm side.

Denon Pra-6000 is visually among the very finest built preamps i have seen, its very nice with smoke coloured glass top and lasercut glass front, very quiet and detailed, a very special unit with a very special soundstage.

Sansui Au-X1 is among the very best integrated amplifiers there is, and it gets better with a very good preamp. simply stunning

Kenwood L07MII Monoamps, these are amazing, they dont look like much but there is not much out there that can compete with them soundwise.

Kenwood L08M i have not really tried these out enough to write much about them, they feel powerful and play very detailed, i have not made up my mind of how they perform yet. (not used them enough, im not doubtful)

I dont mean that this gear is better than everything else, i mean that among the stuff i have so far tried these units are very very good.

Other gear i have owned or own:

Kenwood L07cII preamp
Kenwood L07c Preamp
Sony Ta-e86B Preamp
Hitatchi Hca 8300 Preamp

Kenwood L09M Mono Poweramps
Nakamichi Pa7mII Poweramp
Kenwood L05m Mono Poweramps

Kenwood Ka-907 integrated amplifier
Kenwood Ka-9100 integrated amplifier
Sansui Au-X1111 Mos Vintage integrated amplifier

and i have probably forgot some :)

i will write more when i have tested the L08M amps and other changes i do :)
Hitatchi Hma 8300 Poweramp

i have some in my photo album here on AK, ill add some more and more reasent ones as soon as i can :)

nice collection of power amps you have there. Dont forget the krell speakers in the photos. goes and looks in members section for mentioned photos.

Back
Top Bottom