My vintage system

Good morning faber12

Thanks for the reply. I have collected a lot of equipment over the years so much so my wife says I’ll have to build a man cave out back just to store and set my system up. As mentioned early in this thread this system is my winter project to beautify and the set up. I’m hoping that there is someone on this site who may be able to give me some guidance on what I should set the DBX Drive Rack at for the best frequency for the crossover for the BIG JBLs. I know that they’re not high fidelity, (commercial applications) but I also know that these baby’s are still JBLs and therefore still should sound great.

Shane

Good morning faber12

I know that they’re not high fidelity . . . .

Shane

That's probably arguable, MV. They are made to be music reproducers, and that's exactly what you will be using them for. And that's where the DriveRack is going to come into play. Which model do you have? It's a "loudspeaker and amplifier management" tool, and one of the best. The RTA is going to be your biggest friend.

As for the crossover frequency, have you gone to the JBL site to see what they recommended for your particular horn driver? That information is going to be your starting point. You can't cross any lower than specified by JBL, but you are free to experiment with higher crossover frequencies, crossover type, attenuation rates, etc.. All of that choice readily at hand will make for a very entertaining and FUN project.

All you need to do to get started is do a bit of research on the JBL site.

GeeDeeEmm

Back
Top Bottom