My Yamaha contribution

Mrvintage

This is part of my vintage system I'm putting together, I still have one or two pieces to get ( Tascam, Denon or Marantz) black rack mountable CD and a DBX rack mountable EQ. The bottom P 2200 will be driving my JBL 4638 Bass Bins, the middle P 2200 will be driving the matching JBL 2446H driver and the top P 2200 will be driving the matching JBL 8340 surround. The system so far starting at the top DBX 260 DRIVE rack as my crossover, Nikko Beta 30 Preamp, Nacimichi MR-2 professional cassette deck and my 3 P 2200's. I will be putting the system together soon and keep you posted

Attachments

• IMG_0409.JPG
    IMG_0409.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 50
This is part of my vintage system I'm putting together, I still have one or two pieces to get ( Tascam, Denon or Marantz) black rack mountable CD and a DBX rack mountable EQ. The bottom P 2200 will be driving my JBL 4638 Bass Bins, the middle P 2200 will be driving the matching JBL 2446H driver and the top P 2200 will be driving the matching JBL 8340 surround. The system so far starting at the top DBX 260 DRIVE rack as my crossover, Nikko Beta 30 Preamp, Nacimichi MR-2 professional cassette deck and my 3 P 2200's. I will be putting the system together soon and keep you posted

Mrvintage,
I'm sure you'll be happy with the sound of your system. I have been happy with my P2200s.

Mrvintage,
I'm sure you'll be happy with the sound of your system. I have been happy with my P2200s.
Good evening bmanone

I’ve had one of the P-2200 I purchased new in 1978 when I started DJ’n. I drove a pair of Cerwin Vega PD 18’s for 25 years until I retired from that. But I still have the amp and the amp has been working flawlessly ever since, that’s why I have a love for them. They’re built like tanks and have a sound that I love. I’ve been using a few different pair of speakers from my stash. (ie) Klipsch heresy’s, Bose 901 Mk II, Axiom’s and Celestial Dintins. Now I’m going to use them to try and see how the JBL’s are going to sound. The JB’ are huge to big for a house but I had the buy them, to good a deal to pass up. I still have all my records from the years of work and a couple of different turntables yet so we’ll see

Shane

Shane,
I really like the sound of the P2200s that I have. I bought my first P2200 December 2017 (with one channel out and the other needing repair). After getting it all fixed up and going, it quickly became my favorite amplifier. It does a fantastic job with my Fried R/4 floor speakers. I still haven't tried it with my JM Reynaud Trente bookshelf speakers or my Legacy Audio Protege speakers, yet!
Barry

I will have to recommend a dbx 224x to go with that nice Nak. Just to have options;). A dbx 200x also for expansion.
For an EQ, try to find something with pink noise generator and mic input at least. Maybe a Yamaha ge-60?

Sounds like you'll have it go'in on!:beerchug:

Fugot to quote above post

Back
Top Bottom