Mytek Brooklyn - Anybody have one?

Discussion in 'DACs' started by sbaradaran, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Johnny 007

Johnny 007 Active Member

Well, A McIntosh DAC wouldn't at all be out of my budget if I thought it was worth the price. But I don't think it is, so that's not how I'll be spending my money. Anyway, I'm sure the market will sort it all out in the long run. People will buy what they want and I'm sure there'll be choices for everyone. I didn't mean to start an MQA war here.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. E-Stat

E-Stat Addicted Member

Hopefully, the D1100 no longer uses 5532 op amps in its analog stage as did its predecessor.

3. adri2000

adri2000 New Member

I had Mytek Brooklyn for the price good DAC. Also have good headphone amp inside.
    and VS Mcintosh d100 that I also had some time ago i will recommend Mytek Brooklyn

Mcintosh d100 is good for Pop/Jazz but when it comes to Hard-rock really disappointing.
    Mytek Brooklyn is more solid performer whatever you are playing.

4. TimmehTan

TimmehTan New Member

If there's anything that disappoints you (musically speaking), 9/10 it'll be your speakers.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  5. adri2000

adri2000 New Member

That is defensively not the case. It was tested in 2 setups and this was not only my opinion.

Mytek Brooklyn have really good price/performance but I believe with Audio GD DAC in same price category you can do even better.

6. hotroady

hotroady Well-Known Member

Just installed a used Mytek Stereo 96. I would say it was exactly what I needed. I play/master redbook a lot. 24/96 is fine with me. Mostly record 16/96 for car audio.

Please register to disable this ad.