NAD 1155 Rebuild

This is great info, I'm considering buying a NAD 1155. If I sent it out to have it recapped and cleaned / gone through, roughly what should I expect to pay for a quality job? And how do I choose the right place to rebuild it?
Thank you very much for any advice!

Hello everybody on this thread. (er), Merlot1970,fredomgli,brunswick welcome to AK. NAD makes great sounding gear. But the penny pinchers sometimes strike on the quality of the caps they bought. There are a few threads on recapping Nad preamps. Leesonic has shown what you can do with NAD gear. The age of the gear almost mandates a capacitor update. Service Manuals are on HiFI Manuals.com if needed. Good luck. A lot of good people here. Like the idea of the IC sockets. Being able to change to different IC's nice to experiment. But prefer the standard socket type.

Thank you for your kind compliments. I have a NAD 1155 myself that I need to restore, plus a 1000, and also a proton preamp. I also have a NAD 2200 and 2700 power amp to do also. Plus about three 3020s and two 4020 tuners...

leesonic, looks like you've got a nice collection haha!
I just got lucky and won a NAD 1155 on that auction site. This will be my first NAD product, my first ever preamp and will be driving a Yamaha P1600 power amp that I just picked up NOS. I'm excited to hear how it all sounds together with the NHT SuperTwo towers. But I'm assuming there's a good chance the NAD 1155 will need to be gone through / restored just due to its age.

I've had a couple days of listening now with the NAD 1155, Yamaha P1600 power amp driving NHT SuperTwos. While the NAD sounds good overall, when compared to my Yamaha C-2 preamp or my Teac A-H500 integrated amp it just isn't 100%. It lacks a little detail / clarity on the top-end and definitely lacks some bass and low-end definition. The mids can get overbearing.
Might this be an indicator that it needs to be restored? Any recommendations who to contact?
Thanks!

HI

I am embarking on doing the same thing that you have done. at the top.

I see about 47 electrolytic capacitors in the unit "on the print". Should I replace all of them with NIC COMPONENTS NRSZ or NRSY ‘s. or should I limit it to coupling and power supply caps?
(er)

You can use any caps that you like. I prefer using 105C caps that are low impedance. United Chemi-Con makes excellent caps...KMG, KME, LXZ, KZE. NIC components NRSG, NRSZ. Nichicon FG, FC, FW caps have low impedance per my Agilent LCR meter.

Back
Top Bottom