NAD Owners, Let's see your systems!

dedicated audio sends me an email & offers me the Nad c368 for $649....2 days later they send an email and its $899, whats up with that?? did the price rise or was the 1st email a mistake?

Last edited:
dedicated audio sends me an email & offers me the Nad c368 for $649....2 days later they send an email and its $899, whats up with that?? did the price rise or was the 1st email a mistake?
I'm thinking it could be a couple of things. But 899 is the correct MSRP.
1. Introductory promo price. Limited time offer type deal.
2. Honest mistake and could be a typo and might have listed the cost by mistake.

The NAD stack is finally complete...

30146178343_07e18f06de_b.jpg

That's quite the stack! I've been perusing the new integrates and recently saw the C368 on for I think 699 at Spearit sound, and quickly sold out. Meanwhile I found a demo c356BEE for the regular price of the C326BEE, so I snapped it up and am waiting delivery. When it comes in I plan to compare it directly to my C326, which I'll probably sell.

That's quite the stack! I've been perusing the new integrates and recently saw the C368 on for I think 699 at Spearit sound, and quickly sold out. Meanwhile I found a demo c356BEE for the regular price of the C326BEE, so I snapped it up and am waiting delivery. When it comes in I plan to compare it directly to my C326, which I'll probably sell.

Good move! Moving up gets you a little more power though the best part is you can add MDC modules. There's three right now, if I recall correctly. There's the phono amp, a streaming module (no BlueOS yet though) and perhaps the best choice...a DAC.

I'm one step ahead of you bro! It comes with the DAC installed! I'm really looking forward to it because I've got an ipure 20 which is a dock for my old iphone that allows digital output. Optical output for the dac module. I'll post some pics once the 356 shows up.

Well you didn't get the C356BEE then....you got the C356BEE DAC! Even better. Congrats!

One thing about Spearit Sound: They are probably better to deal with via the internet than in person or over the phone. I've been in their store to pick up my T758 receiver, and was made to feel I didn't belong in such a high end dump of a store. I spoke with the owner over the phone a year later, and the way he talked down to me confirmed it. Never going back. I got a MUCH better dealer now, a place I love going to!

I've purchased 2 C326 amps from Spearit, both online, so I've never dealt with them directly. I was turned onto Nad by Art, one of the long time members here. But this latest deal came from a store in New York that was selling some demo gear on Audiogon. It was also mostly done online too, and was a paypal transaction. It's currently crossing the country on a UPS truck, and won't be in Washington state until next Thursday.

Well the C356BEE came in and I demoed it this afternoon. I'm going to buy an optical cable so I can employ the dac, but for now I'm really impressed with this model. It sounds more open and effortless than the C326 with my speakers. The bass has more detail as well as a couple db's more volume.

I read a couple of reviews online of this model where they weren't impressed with it. One British guy said the soundstage was weak or thin with no bass. Maybe they had a bad run of these units back in 2009, because the C356 is none of that. More thoughts to come, but since we're supposed to show our Nad collections, here's mine before the 326 is gone.

IMG_2955.JPG IMG_2956.JPG IMG_2953.JPG

Last edited:
Cool. Dismiss what you read, enjoy what you hear! It's bound to be better as it has a lot more headroom and you're never pushing it. You'll stay far out of the distortion you might get with the 326 working harder.

Thanks, good point about the 326 having to work harder. I think tomorrow I'll put it back in the system and compare directly with the 356. I'm really pleased with the bigger model though, and the DAC does quite a good job with my phone. I didn't have the greatest expectations there because I had originally gotten the ipure doc to go with my old Emotiva XDA-1. I used the digital out straight into that dac, and what an awful result it was. Tinny, bright and generally unlistenable. Same iPhone, same ipure dock, digital out into the C356DAC and it sounds as good as the old school cd copy in many cases.

Whatever Nad does with the DAC module, they've made all the right decisions in the digital realm. Oh, and a couple more pics. Note the blue lights on the 356 are more understated, looking good.

Edit: I've noticed that there seems to be at least 2 versions of the C356BEE. If you look at the previous pictures, the top view shows a grill that is vented all the way across the unit. I've seen pics of C356BEE on line where it's only vented about 1/2 way across. Any thoughts?

Mine was a store demo model, might be over a year old?

Attachments

• IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2962.JPG
    IMG_2962.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Love the led Xover to blue. Mine has a standard lamp and not a fuse lamp type holder, also it has very little light output, almost dark..any comments on the procedure to move over to led's.Thanks in advance to any and all that post a replyView attachment 848486
It's an easy job. Just make sure you solder a resistor on with the LED to keep it from burning out. I don't remember the value I used offhand. There are online calculators to determine the value based on what value LED you use.

Not a system, just an amp. 7020 with a partial recap and LED swap.View attachment 802370
My 7020 sounds so good...but I'd love to get the dial brighter...just got your tip on this thread about the slight wiring mod to go with LED's and will use your advice , the only nut to crack is mounting the led lamp ....but hey nice looking reciever you have there...and you gotta love the square knobs and the quiet listening mode...got mine for 17 bucks , fully functional at weekly flea market..

My 7020 sounds so good...but I'd love to get the dial brighter...just got your tip on this thread about the slight wiring mod to go with LED's and will use your advice , the only nut to crack is mounting the led lamp ....but hey nice looking reciever you have there...and you gotta love the square knobs and the quiet listening mode...got mine for 17 bucks , fully functional at weekly flea market..

The bulb in the 7020 is mounted in a rubber grommet IIRC. I pulled it out and just stuck the LED in it's place with a little silicone glue.

Wow, some serious NADs on display here, I must add I enjoy reading how some of your kit is acquired, shared and compared. I'm not a true audiophile so feel a little inadequate but here goes:

NAD 302 amp, really a pre amp that can act as small room power amp. I bought it ex demo from Richer Sounds when they used to have a Dublin branch, the same year Oasis released Definitely Maybe. Repaired once after it popped playing flat out by my then flatmate, a huge Oasis fan!

NAD 522 Cd player, bought new in the same shop, when Leftfield released Leftism. John that worked there set me on a fine path. The tray has played up a number of times but has refused to break.

I run these through a set of JPW AP2 speakers, also British (bought from a closing down hifi store in Dublin called Lafayette before any of the NAD, 2nd hand for 40 Irish punts because they bore my initials, one needing a woofer) such a nice sound from this little system, not great power and if you cross the half way mark the highs and lows fight with each other but don't stretch it's legs, then it's a listening pleasure I don't see me ever parting with.
It's been linked up with mixers and decks for small house parties and been so reliable down through the years.
I now have phono recently served by a technics SL-6 which brought me to this website and is bringing new life to my records.
Do I need to go bigger? My wife won't let me plug the Telly into it as has "too much bass"

Don't give out to me for not having speaker stands, I have the Egyptian Lover and he sounds OK with it!

Back
Top Bottom