NAD Owners, Let's see your systems!

Anyone who has a nad 310. The volume/balance loudness control is available from Canada. $36.75. Includes shipping and handling. Anyone from Canada can get this to reduce the shipping handling charge to the states for us over the border?

Anyone who has a nad 310. The volume/balance loudness control is available from Canada. $36.75. Includes shipping and handling. Anyone from Canada can get this to reduce the shipping handling charge to the states for us over the border?
Was a sort after amp when it came out...I remember they said it was a great Rock n Roll amp...

The almost-never-before-seen NAD 8100 DSP powered bookshelf speakers....
12 watt on board amps with "DSP-enabled" tone controls. Not sure what that means exactly.. They sound nice!

50946647323_b5beb585a3_b.jpg

50947446827_414c89cf98_b.jpg

50947346236_4052ba6777_b.jpg

50947346136_8e4e11535f_b.jpg

50946647398_0760bc3d2d_b.jpg

Right now they are powering a pair of Snell A at the workshop.
The best speakers with this combo were my KEF 104/2

Very nice! I've heard great things about the Snells, and I'm looking ahead to finding some 104/2's when I have the money!

Were you worried about bridging into the 4 Ohm speakers? I've been tempted to bridge two of my NAD's (most likely a C370/C270 combo), but I have the KEF 103/4's at 4 ohms.

Very nice! I've heard great things about the Snells, and I'm looking ahead to finding some 104/2's when I have the money!

Were you worried about bridging into the 4 Ohm speakers? I've been tempted to bridge two of my NAD's (most likely a C370/C270 combo), but I have the KEF 103/4's at 4 ohms.

I wouldn't push that system hard enough to worry about that 4 ohm land. It's a stable 4 ohm on the 104/2 due to the crossover circuitry.

3150 amplifier nw
4155 tuner nw
4020 tuner nw
D3020 amplifier
So 3 components not working, and one that is. The d3020 was my first dac amp. It's a cute little guy and now resides as a backup the Cambridge Audio cxa that I bought.

Looks great! May I ask what you did for the restore? I have one that I might want to get restored myself.

How does it sound compared to before?

Here I have an embarrassing lack of info, as I've not listened to it yet, and didn't get a detailed engineers report. The engineer is a mate though so I'll tell you what I know he did from chatting to him:

Reworked all solder joints (mine had an intermittant fault caused by failed joints but the soldering wasn't great anyway).
Standard preventative fix to the protection circuit.
Clean all pots.
Replace all electrolytics.

Knowing the tech he'll have switched any electrolytic coupling caps for film as well, if practical.

We also noticed another interesting design point. You'll see in the test report that it's putting out way more power than spec. That is mostly because spec is both channels driven, but it was tested one at a time (apart from bridge ofc). That's revealed that this thing has an abundance of power transistors and is pretty much limited only by it's power supply. We considered upgrading that but decided the actual transformer probably didn't have much more to give.

It's also worth noting the excellent performance from the pre-amp section, as that is often maligned as the weak point.

Back
Top Bottom