1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

National Park Service LIFETIME Senior Guest Pass - BEFORE Aug 27!

Discussion in 'Events & Happenings' started by hjames, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Think next trip is going to be Mount Rainier in the spring.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier Subscriber

My yearly pass expires at the end of July, so I may plan our next "big trip" in early or mid July this year.

The NPS is looking at increasing (as in, doubling) entrance fees during the busy seasons as some of the busiest parks. Can't say I care for that. A lot of times I may visit a park only for one day. (Like the day we visited Zion--it was so horribly crowded that we bailed after two hours.) And for some families traveling on a tight budget, this pretty much rules out some of our best parks. I know the parks need to raise the money but they are also using this for "crowd control" (to put it nicely). Nice counterproductive measure there. Double the price, get half the visitors...? The good thing is, it makes even the early $80 pass a better deal. And when I drive across the country, I am not going to stop at just one national park--I will visit any along the way that I have time for.

3. ehoove

ehoove Old & New - Carpe Diem Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

We got ours in time, Thanks for the heads up!
    Regards,
    Jim

4. Alobar

Alobar Pulling out of the Last Chance Texaco.. Subscriber

Making the annual trip over to kauai in a few weekw,and we always stop at Kilauea lighthouse, mainly to watch the birds , Albatros etc. Since it is a federal park, this time we won't hqve to pay as I got my lifetime pass! Thanks hjames for the heads up!

5. hjames

hjames beware of folks offering Cakes Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

6. olson_jr

olson_jr Beware of cake hoarders & soft shoe shufflers Subscriber

Beautiful area, are you there now?

We took a little hike last year at about the same time. Considering that we are flatlanders from Michigan I think we did well with the elevation changes.

IMG_0570.PNG

Please register to disable this ad.