National Park Service LIFETIME Senior Guest Pass - BEFORE Aug 27!

My yearly pass expires at the end of July, so I may plan our next "big trip" in early or mid July this year.

The NPS is looking at increasing (as in, doubling) entrance fees during the busy seasons as some of the busiest parks. Can't say I care for that. A lot of times I may visit a park only for one day. (Like the day we visited Zion--it was so horribly crowded that we bailed after two hours.) And for some families traveling on a tight budget, this pretty much rules out some of our best parks. I know the parks need to raise the money but they are also using this for "crowd control" (to put it nicely). Nice counterproductive measure there. Double the price, get half the visitors...? The good thing is, it makes even the early $80 pass a better deal. And when I drive across the country, I am not going to stop at just one national park--I will visit any along the way that I have time for.

We got ours in time, Thanks for the heads up!
Regards,
Jim

Making the annual trip over to kauai in a few weekw,and we always stop at Kilauea lighthouse, mainly to watch the birds , Albatros etc. Since it is a federal park, this time we won't hqve to pay as I got my lifetime pass! Thanks hjames for the heads up!

I was just looking up the John Muir Woods National Park near SF -
seems admission is $10 per Adult ... but its Free with the Senor Pass
- so ... It just paid for itself for me!!!

Muir Woods National Monument Nat'l Park Service -
1 Muir Woods Rd Mill Valley, CA 94941
Muir Woods is open 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Beautiful area, are you there now?

We took a little hike last year at about the same time. Considering that we are flatlanders from Michigan I think we did well with the elevation changes.

IMG_0570.PNG

Back
Top Bottom